By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad year for games, IMO

I did not find 2008 to be too good of a year. Just not too much for me, I guess.

GTAIV was a disappointment. Spore was a disappointment. MGS4 was excellent...and the other games, I'm not that interested in the ones coming out and out recently.

There's always 2009, I guess

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

Well that maybe considering your gaming prefferences but I found that there were lots of games to play this year that were excellent.

Especially considering that the christmas 2007 lineup was extra strong and there was lots of games left over to play...

There is something very, very wrong with you.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
There is something very, very wrong with you.

+100

2007's game line up was superior than 2008's game line up.

Around the Network

It may have been a crap year for the wii if that you're getting at, but for gaming as a whole........IT WAS WONDERFUL!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Are you joking?

We have already got GTA IV, MGS 4, LBP, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2 and now Mirror's Edge, and Prince of Persia coming soon

Munkeh111 said:

Are you joking?

We have already got GTA IV, MGS 4, LBP, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2 and now Mirror's Edge, and Prince of Persia coming soon

You're forgetting he's a Wii  owner, he can't play ANY of those games.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

iberz said:
Munkeh111 said:

Are you joking?

Actually I can (Thank you very much PS3/360 owning cousin who lives 2 minute walk away).

GTA4 was very disappointing, MGS4 was great, LBP looks good, Fable 2...probably not, I hated GoW1 but my cousin liked it so I'll probably get to try GoW2, he'll be getting Resistance 2 which also looks alright, and the last two don't look so good.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

NintendoTogepi said:
iberz said:
Munkeh111 said:

Are you joking?

Actually I can (Thank you very much PS3/360 owning cousin who lives 2 minute walk away).

GTA4 was very disappointing, MGS4 was great, LBP looks good, Fable 2...probably not, I hated GoW1 but my cousin liked it so I'll probably get to try GoW2, he'll be getting Resistance 2 which also looks alright, and the last two don't look so good.

Why do the last 2 not look good? They have had some good reviews and the later has just had a very good preview on joystiq

You may say that you have not enjoyed all those games, but that does not make it a bad year for gaming in general