By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 marketing has been total crap.

Everything relating to PS3 in terms of marketing has been total crap. It started with that baby commercial ant the eggs and wtf was that. This system came out for $600 and Sony didn't even say what it did wtf? Think about Uncharted: average gamers don't know what this game is. I had owned a PS3 for 5 months before I even knew Uncharted existed. This is an amazing title and nobody I speak to knows about it. Look at what Microsoft did with Halo and Gears. Just 2 good shooters but the Hype machine was huge and efficient. Microsoft not only took exclusives away from Sony but they created names for the ones they already had! Check the latest PS3 commercials (have you started your wish list yet) for the perfect example of how vague and lame these adds are. PS3 is an amazing system but if a tree falls in a forest.... Who the hell is getting paid for this horrible marketing? They shouldn't be fired, they should be blacklisted!

Around the Network

Their marketting needs some work. It's bearly "decent" in EU....

4 ≈ One

Eh, x360 marketing was shit this entire year.. until gears 2 released that is.

I don't think sony isn't trying, it's just that almost every single commercial sucks. See the new R2 commercial? I rest my case.

stoooopid!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Last years holiday ones were good. Motorstorm and LBP ones were alright.

It will be interesting to see where this "Wish List" campaign ends up.

PS3 commercials remind me of the early gamecube commercials....if anything it made me not want it.

Around the Network

I honestly think they should have sticked with the play b3yond ads.. its what got me to getting a ps3, and with a now lower price may get alot of people as well..

mM
leo-j said:
I honestly think they should have sticked with the play b3yond ads.. its what got me to getting a ps3, and with a now lower price may get alot of people as well..

Leo-J are you serious? The baby doll evil thing was one of the most horid things I had seen in years.

The last one I have been able to stand before LBP's was the on were there showing everything off for the PS3 for Christmas last year...

Former something....

Whatever happened to commercials like this? Sony has indeed took a step backwards. Not that many ads have been shown on TV like that. I did however see some, and I mean some LittleBigPlanet ads. But not that many.

Do you know any console at 600$/euros, which could sell over 5 mln. ?

Even NOW, PS3 is the MOST expensive console on the market.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far