By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's be honest, The Conduit is going to suck.

If this game turns out to be good I'm most definitely going to buy it! I support niche games which are not familiar with the main public, on the PS3 as well as on the WII. Aquanaut's who? I get to hear... Aquanaut's Holiday! Never heard of it. Endless Ocean, Boom Blox, de Blob, Dewy, Zack & Wiki, Okami, I grab my share of niche games so should everyone to make these titles popular.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
frybread said:
Imagine how much ridicule PS3 fanboys could have avoided if they never talked about Lair.

Hyping it is just going to make it worse.

I can agree with this blurb.

But seeing as how almost every other impression of the game has been positive, I'm willing to give High Voltage the benefit of the doubt. Mind you, they still owe me Animales de los Muertes, so I'm not letting them completely off the hook.

nordlead said:
Why do people have this crazy idea in their head that once a company makes a crap game, they can never make a good one, or that if they make a good one they can never do any harm.

But when they make 40+ bad games, and zero good ones, I think it's safe to start assuming a few things.  Like that maybe there's a good amount of enthusiasm, but a lack of talent.

HVS is saying exactly what we want to hear.  We all want developers to take Wii seriously.  We all want to play a big budget FPS with the Wiimote + Nunchuk, and maybe some balance board thrown in for good measure.

I just can't lie to myself.  This game, despite the absolute best intentions by its makers, doesn't deserve the hype.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

I plan to enjoy the game. I don't expect it to be awesome, but I expect it to be solid.

Let's be honest: Killzone 2 is going to suck

And when it flops, PS3 will be a laughing stock, and publishers are going to lose faith in the PS3 Hardcore. Whose fault is this?

Yours. You decided to hold one single game up as our only hope of hardcore gaming. You decided to talk about Killzone 2 as if it were the next Half Life or Gears of War.

Just sober up for a second, stop looking at the screenshots, and consider who is making this game.

Here's a list of AAA games Guerilla has made:

(crickets)

Here's a list of FPS games Guerilla actually made original content for:

Killzone 70 avg score
Killzone Liberation 73 avg score
Shellshock Nam: 58 avg score

Guerilla makes bad games, not the worst - I'm sure they're one or two steps above shovelware, but they're bad.

And yes, it's true they're making an honest attempt to become a legit gaming company. They've done some great things graphically and control-wise. They're putting their hearts into this game, but come on, it's their first real try, and putting all of your PS3 hopes into this one game is RETARDED.

Around the Network

The Conduit will be HUGE!

:P

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I do agree with you, but then, just look at what happened to MOH: H2, a port of PSP version EA didnt even improve the graphics and animation, and it looks like a N64 game with polish graphics to suit the TV screens(its a direct port of a PSP game after all) and look at what praise it got simply because EA nail the controls even it have horrible hit detection. And still now Wii core owners playing this online even free online FPS games have far better gameplay and graphics...

So you really cant tell frybread, this game could be suck but it already built a hype about it the reason why IGN gives COD: WAW a lower score than MOH: H2. This is like second coming of Christ walking on water for us Wii owners after all

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

a preview of a game that's still almost 5 months away? One level played through only? That there's no window in the first level? Wasn't the first level by any chance the underground bunker?

The issues that you tried to pull out here are funny.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Stop screwing with my head, BengaBenga! Stop screwing with my head!!

This is the first time HV can take as much time they want making the game. They haven't had before enough freedom in making their games.