By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So let me get this straight, Microsoft is chocking sony to death

@Darth

Yes that is true, they are providing there userbase with a much bigger and better gaming library than everyone else.

They are creating an amazing image for themselves.

But the thing is, they are BUYING themselves into the MARKET. Yes its business and thats how it works, but did sony buy themselves to the place of the ps1/ps2? Did nintendo buy there way into the industry?

I just think its a mischief, but also very genius of microsoft, and the truth is, yes they are blocking off any chance sony has in making a sort of comeback, I wouldnt be suprised if when the PS3 dropped to $299, the 360 would drop to 99 dollars.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
tkjinak said:
NPD MELTDOWN TIME!!!

There is no NPD melt down, its been on my mind ever since FF XIII was announced for the XBOX 360, and squares way of "expanding" there audience.

If that were anywhere near the truth, there is no reason why STAR OCEAN 4 would be exclusive to any console, and the same goes for Inifinite Undiscovery.

Dont forget ff versus.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

It's half sony's fault that they are losing, it seems people tend to forget, how arrogant sony was in 2006. It's a good lesson to them, consoles should be cheap, affordable fun.

darthdevidem01 said:

Now I feel MS has done WHAT SONY did 10 years ago.

MS has done what a business requires.

MS has done for their Xbox 360 USER BASE the acquiring of GAMES for them to enjoy.

MS is running a business & trying to win....thats what it should be doing.

no-one is "chocking" SONY...

Its not personal....its just business

This should've marked the end of this thread. Darth, you speak truth.

Obviously MS will do everything it can to succeed. It is therefore up to Sony now to respond if they want to stay competitive.

Around the Network
kutasek said:
It's half sony's fault that they are losing, it seems people tend to forget, how arrogant sony was in 2006. It's a good lesson to them, consoles should a cheap, affordable fun.

Yes I completely agree with that statement, and sony were cocky and stupid thinking that people would get two jobs for the PS3.

Id love to make a thread on it, but this is an entirely different subject.

mM
leo-j said:They have stolen every single game that was considered a playstation franchise developed by any 3rd party studio(yes stolen, Im so sure that SQUARE didnt decide to release STAR OCEAN 4 a massive RPG on the XBOX 360 exclusively all by themselves)

Stolen is the past participle of steal. To steal means to take something unlawfully from the owner. As anyone can see, Microsoft stole nothing.

Microsoft purchased a good victory.

leo-j said:
@Darth

Yes that is true, they are providing there userbase with a much bigger and better gaming library than everyone else.

They are creating an amazing image for themselves.

But the thing is, they are BUYING themselves into the MARKET. Yes its business and thats how it works, but did sony buy themselves to the place of the ps1/ps2? Did nintendo buy there way into the industry?

I just think its a mischief, but also very genius of microsoft, and the truth is, yes they are blocking off any chance sony has in making a sort of comeback, I wouldnt be suprised if when the PS3 dropped to $299, the 360 would drop to 99 dollars.

YES they did though!

Not upto the same extent....but at the time they took away EVERYTHING from ninty thrid party wise.....n the worst thing was not multi-plat....but they took everything away as an exclusive to PS1.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Star Ocean is no big deal really, FFXIII is, and at least that's still exclusive to the PS3 in Japan.

The PS3 has got much more potential the coming years; hardware wise and price wise.

I will be surprised if the PS3 doesn't significantly accelerate away from the 360 in 2009. In december 2010 there should be no significant 360 sales anymore.

''Hadouken!''