By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So let me get this straight, Microsoft is chocking sony to death

hmmm wrong :) But I have to admit that it seems that the X360 marketing seems to be focused against the PS3.

Will this win MS marketshare? a bit...
Will they win the console race? Not a chance for while focussing on the PS3, the Wii will continue to soar to record heights.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Microsoft purchased a good victory.

Sony spent just as much this generation, so that's really not a good argument.

RolStoppable said:
Microsoft is using Sony's gameplan and because they have more money they can beat Sony.

1. Get a head start over your competition.
2. Sell hardware at a loss.
3. Market heavily towards the young male market, become the cool system to own.
4. Pay off third parties for better support.

Don't forget, they make it easier to program for (it is a computer in console clothing for god sakes, and one of the reasons for computer gaming not being huge as it once was)

Leo-J,  Its MICROSOFT, this is how they do business (except in the OS business now, where they got thier hands slapped by the Federal Trade Commission)  Sony won't go anywhere but they sure pick the wrong time to be arrogant this generation.  Thanks Ken Kutaragi, and Execs at Sony!

I'm just saying...

You cannot "steal" a game for your console, you can definitely aquire them though.
Microsoft are simply doing what it takes to ensure their product is the best, I fail to see how that is a bad thing and I don't even own a 360.
Why don't you blame the game studios for taking Microsoft's money, shouldn't they have enough morals to refuse it if it's such a terrible thing to do?

Anyway, any game developer with half a clue would see the massive difference in sales figures between the 360 and PS3 and be happy to release their game on the 360 as it assures them more income.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Ajax said:
Star Ocean is no big deal really, FFXIII is, and at least that's still exclusive to the PS3 in Japan.

The PS3 has got much more potential the coming years; hardware wise and price wise.

I will be surprised if the PS3 doesn't significantly accelerate away from the 360 in 2009. In december 2010 there should be no significant 360 sales anymore.

that is a bold statement

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
DMeisterJ said:
Microsoft purchased a good victory.

Sony spent just as much this generation, so that's really not a good argument.

I'm not sure that I mentioned Sony anywhere in my post, or that Sony wasn't guilty of the same thing...

DTG said:
Business shouldn't equal immoral. Trying to make a profit from consumers (rather than selling at a loss like Sony to offer better value) and hurting another company that employs thousands of people is wrong.

It's immoral to try and make a profit. Ok... that's it. You're a joke account. You really got me with the Kojima = Kant thing.... but.... come.... on.

MontanaHatchet said:
A lot of this list sounds like what Sony did to Nintendo (even down to the reference to Star Ocean 4). It's eerie.

I'd say more Sega... I mean Nintendo was kinda screwed from the start thanks to the choice of it's format. Sony paid more to keep games off the saturn then they did the 64 to my knolwdge.

This is a beautiful meltdown! I'm excited to see this one get topped by Nov and Dec NPD though.

leo-j said:

Well yes, thats exactly whats happening.

Microsoft is what is stopping sony from its "dominance" over the gaming market.

Whats going on? Well were to begin.

They have stolen every single game that was considered a playstation franchise developed by any 3rd party studio(yes stolen, Im so sure that SQUARE didnt decide to release STAR OCEAN 4 a massive RPG on the XBOX 360 exclusively all by themselves)

They have made sony gain a terrible image in the gaming industry

They have tricked consumers into thinking the XBOX 360 is the superior machine, because the original XBOX was better hardware wise

They created the catch phrase "Wii60"

They have dropped the price to MASS MARKET price, even though that might have but them in the red.

All I know is, Microsoft wants SONY out of the gaming industry, that has since been there goal since the original XBOX, and im sure they will offer 2-3billion dollars of losses for that to happen.

Buisness is buisness, and guess what, cheating is the perfect way to win.

Just like Sony did last 2 gens :)