By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft looks to 100 million consoles with 360, NPD to show 2:1 ratio to PS3 for October

Darc Requiem said:
illuminatus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
illuminatus said:
haxxiy said:
illuminatus said:
TruckOSaurus said:
illuminatus said:

The initial wow-factor was/is the waggle-controller. This factor someday has lost its potential.

And women sitting around, talking about shopping also can do this while playing a 360 or PS3....

So basically facts have no bearing with you. You hope the Wii suddenly stops selling inspite of its increasing sales numbers. The Wii has consistently been outselling the combined sales numbers of the PS3 and 360 worldwide. Unless you can point to something factual stop pretending to be presenting an actual argument. Just come out and say you wan the Wii to fail.

360 and PS3 are technologically far superior to the Wii. At least the 360 deserves it to win this gen....the PS3 has a too expensive design. Both - the 360 and PS3 - keep each other from beating the Wii. If there never had been a PS3 those who bought PS3s almost all of them probably had bought 360s instead. There are also many people who only buy Wii because they hear that Wii sells more than the other two machines. But this could change in late 2009 when more and more people realize that the 360 is winning among the two HD-consoles and simultaneously mass market gets HD-ready. These two factors could bring the 360 two huge boosts.  I would like to see that machine to win that has the better hardware inside. This is not the Wii.

Around the Network

I will be happy if it makes it over 50 million that will mean it sold twice as many as the orginal xbox and thats a feat right there. Doubling the amount sold from the previous generation. I also thing 50 million can be sold, 100 million not likely

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
I will be happy if it makes it over 50 million that will mean it sold twice as many as the orginal xbox and thats a feat right there. Doubling the amount sold from the previous generation. I also thing 50 million can be sold, 100 million not likely

I think you are been a little pessimistic with your prediction x man.

After all realisticly speaking 360 could be on 30 mill by years end.

So 50 mill is possible in the next 18 months imo.

illuminatus said:
Darc Requiem said:
illuminatus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
illuminatus said:
haxxiy said:
illuminatus said:
TruckOSaurus said:
illuminatus said:

The initial wow-factor was/is the waggle-controller. This factor someday has lost its potential.

And women sitting around, talking about shopping also can do this while playing a 360 or PS3....

So basically facts have no bearing with you. You hope the Wii suddenly stops selling inspite of its increasing sales numbers. The Wii has consistently been outselling the combined sales numbers of the PS3 and 360 worldwide. Unless you can point to something factual stop pretending to be presenting an actual argument. Just come out and say you wan the Wii to fail.

360 and PS3 are technologically far superior to the Wii. At least the 360 deserves it to win this gen....the PS3 has a too expensive design. Both - the 360 and PS3 - keep each other from beating the Wii. If there never had been a PS3 those who bought PS3s almost all of them probably had bought 360s instead. There are also many people who only buy Wii because they hear that Wii sells more than the other two machines. But this could change in late 2009 when more and more people realize that the 360 is winning among the two HD-consoles and simultaneously mass market gets HD-ready. These two factors could bring the 360 two huge boosts.  I would like to see that machine to win that has the better hardware inside. This is not the Wii.

None of that matters towards the bulk of the consumer base. The sooner you realize this the better for your stress level. The "hardcore" market needs to accept that they are in the minority and most of the gaming public does not think as they do.

Darc Requiem said:
illuminatus said:
Darc Requiem said:
illuminatus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
illuminatus said:
haxxiy said:
illuminatus said:
TruckOSaurus said:
illuminatus said:

None of that matters towards the bulk of the consumer base. The sooner you realize this the better for your stress level. The "hardcore" market needs to accept that they are in the minority and most of the gaming public does not think as they do.

I have to agree with the post above mine. I'm sorry, but many people who buy Wii's aren't actually visiting sites like these. They hear families enjoy their Wii, and how much fun they could be having. Hardcore gamers have most likely gotten their 360 already, like I have.

Around the Network

Xbox 360 did pretty well this year. Its great they will soon surpass the first Xbox. Lets see if they can surpass the PS2 sales worldwide. Thats going to be a tough challenge for them.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Snake612 said:
Xbox 360 did pretty well this year. Its great they will soon surpass the first Xbox. Lets see if they can surpass the PS2 sales worldwide. Thats going to be a tough challenge for them.

You mean an almost physically impossible since Japan isn't exactly Microsoft friendly and that was a key market for the Ps2 challenge.