By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Best RTS of all time?

I've only played a few, but from the ones I played I really like Rise of nations.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

I always had the most fun with Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and Age of Empires 2

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

I was a big fan of Homeworld. I also like the total war series and Myth II (although those are not technically RTS's, the are RTT's).

But best of all time? For me? Age of Empires.

RTSs have always been my favorite genre, and I can say with some certainty, that the question should be what the SECOND best RTS is of all time, because there's no question that StarCraft is #1.

NiKKoM said:

Homeworld...

Shame on all of you not playing that game!!!
Now that was a game with great reviews (93% on metacritic) still it didn't sell at all..

even today the graphics are great for a game from 1999:

I didn't like Homeworld at all, the awkward combat and punishing difficulty was enough to prevent me from completing the game. I didn't really like Total Annihilation, Age of Empires, Command & Conquer or many other popular / acclaimed RTS games. Personally, the only RTS games I liked were Starcraft, Warcraft III and Herzog Zwei with Starcraft being my favorite. Although I have yet to play a few well loved RTS's like Company of Heroes.

Around the Network

ROme Total war

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Warcraft 2
Age of Empires 2
Empire Earth

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Command & Conquer (the original)

Dune 2

Warcraft 3

Universe at war: Earth Assault

Check out my game about moles ^

age of empires 3

I know Starcraft is the most popular. I barely like Red Alert but Age of Empires 2 is my favorite.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org