By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Best RTS of all time?

Warhammer Dark Omen also....

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network

AGE OF EMPIRES 2. Got me interested in history AND strategy games. (although I unwittingly usually exploited bugs in the game)

I guess after that.... well.... I play different kinds of Strategy games.

Europa universalis... Rome: Total war....

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Age of empires 2. Other than Super Mario World, its the only really old game I still play.

PDF said:
I wish more people would have experience the depth Empire Earth had.
Playing online with the custom civ opened the game depth incredibly imo. I spet a good 4 years mastering that game. The game had so many different epics to master. The online community was great but wish the system would of been a bit better refined with stat tracking like most games have now.

I have long since looked for another RTS to take its place. All have failed me including a HUGE disappointment of Empire Earth 2.

I was one of many AoE II players that had high hopes for Empire Earth, but it was a disoppointment. Mostly because it looked so freakin bad. There were some gameplay elements that felt awkward too at the time. I've forgot most of them but one was the limit of having 6 vills per resource - there probably was a brilliant strategic or game balancing point with it, but it just didn't feel right.

Starcraft

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

Homeworld...

Shame on all of you not playing that game!!!
Now that was a game with great reviews (93% on metacritic) still it didn't sell at all..

even today the graphics are great for a game from 1999:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I lvoe Warcraft III, II and Starcraft, and the C&C games, its a tough choice >.

Age of Empires 2

wow homeworld looks good

Anyway, Rome Total War wins for me, but Empire Total War will probably take that crown shortly

Star Wars Empire at War with mods is also great, though I only bother with the space battles
Empire Earth the Art of Conquest is also incredible, though it does have a few small problems
Company of Heroes also deserves a mention as it is fantastic, but I do find it too realistic

1. Command & Conquer (original)
2. Warcraft III
3. Starcraft