By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PSP sells 2 million in France and 8 million games" - Gamekyo

These are GfK numbers:

[Press] 2 million in France PLAYSTATION PORTABLE
on a French market estimated this year at its highest level, and on the basis of data provided by the research company specialized GFK, the PSP, PlayStation Portable, confirms its success. Since its launch in September 2005, he sold more than 2 million PlayStation Portable and 8 million games and accessories that are dedicated.

The overall activity related to the PlayStation in France accounts for 1 billion euros this year, a figure reached in affairejamais only thirteen years of existence (1st launch of the PlayStation in 1995)

In this regard, Fornay Georges, Senior Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe President and CEO of SCE France added: "The current market dynamics associated with its complementarity with the PS3, making the PSP a unique product. Our studies show that the PSP, PS3 truly portable, is for the most demanding customers in terms of high-tech product nomadic entirely dedicated to digital entertainment. With 2 million units sold in France, the success of the PSP shows that convergence is a word that begins to take its full meaning in the mind of the consumer "

French Press Release

Around the Network

8 million of PSP games and peripherals have been sold in France.
You guys seem to be ignoring the Peripheral part! By peripherals I think they mean accessories.

Acevil said:

Also the data Sony is giving us is direct to retail.

These are GfK numbers (sold to consumers), see the post directly above yours.

BKK2 said:
Acevil said:

Also the data Sony is giving us is direct to retail.

These are GfK numbers (sold to consumers), see the post directly above yours.

Just did, removed that part. I based this off the first post in the thread, sorry.

Ah, so they are official GfK numbers? Time for VGC to adjust the figures, then.

Around the Network

This puts in perspective how massively undertracked is the PSP software in Europe.

Diomedes1976 said:
This puts in perspective how massively undertracked is the PSP software in Europe.

Can't be a thread about sony being undertracked without you.

Everybody knows that the PSP software charts for Others is useless, so relax... but I would like to see some bigger games to have more up-to-date sales ( like the 2 GTA games, or Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters etc. ).

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Star Scream said:
Ah, so they are official GfK numbers? Time for VGC to adjust the figures, then.

Ioi, for whatever reason, is not updating based off professional data from gfk, MC, NPD, etc...He must think alll other (professional) tracking firm numbers are wrong.

According to Sony's own financial reports, the PSP shipped 11.8 million units of software last quarter. Compared to the total userbase, this number is extremely low. I know this number is global, but it's the most accurate number that exists.