By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So...being realistic...XBOX360 made Ps3 flop this year

CGI-Quality said:

When your 360 sells a million consoles LTD in Japan then come back and see us, good luck in Japan 360 ,you CERTAINLY need it. That works both ways, ya know.

Maybe you hadn't noticed, but Japan is the 3rd most sales behind US and Others. Japan's not nearly as important to a console's success as you seem to think. As the 36o has proven. 

Even with dismal sales in Japan it still got a sizable lead over the PS3.

And it wasn't too long ago that the PS3 was moving less than 10k sales per week over there. Those are far from impressive numbers.

Around the Network

the price cut was a miscalculation.

no one think m$ would do so many pricecuts after loosing 6 billions with the last xbox.
360 its cheaper than the ps3 and going by the price of DSi

i think sony still will outsell, europe and japan together are too strong markets, and sony still have their big cards in those terroritories exclusive.
especially GT5.

CTifer: there is a mass market price that its under 299$, you won't find a ps3 for less than 399$.

the 360 on the other way around can be found for 199$.

and no the ps3 in japan still four times of the 360 sales.

Well the PS3 did force the 360 to cut its price WW, and twice in Europe. Microsoft really has used the last of its trump cards in the console war at this point, and the PS3 has still sold more this year.

But I think we all assumed the PS3 would get a price cut. No one could have anticipated the economies horrendous year. Sony has their hands tied. The PS3 still has a good chance to be a hit, but the 360 will always have the pricing advantage, and really has most of the same games the PS3 has.

CGI-Quality said:
damndl0ser said:
Paul_Warren said:
"I don't think a Japan-only exclusive comes anywhere close to "take back it's JRPG crown". Expecially since the PS3 never had this crown."

Okay, I'll rephrase that. After Final Fantasy XIII is released exclusively for the PS3 in Japan (a game that will cut at least one million consoles off of the 360's worldwide lead just with its sales in that territory alone) and combined with the fact that the superior blu-ray version of Final Fantasy XIII will also be exclusively available on the Playstation 3 in America and Others (a game which will be "the version" of the game to have in comparison to the inferior dvd version which will be exclusively available on the 360 in Others and the Americas); the Playstation 3 will take back the Playstation family's JRPG crown which it has had for the last two console generations. I hope that makes things clearer for you.

Has the PS3 even got a game thats sold a million copies in Japan alone?  To say FFXIII will push a million consoles for the PS3 in Japan is very funny.   IMHO it will never happen and it will be lucky to sell 1million copies its first year (in Japan).  I would imagine it will push sales for the console like MGS4 did.  Which was quite a lot, but certainly not a million.

As to the fact that it will be on several dvd's instead of 1 blu-ray, it won't matter if you put the game on your harddrive.

This is the make or break season for PS3 (IMO).  Good luck PS3 you certainly need it.

When your 360 sells a million consoles LTD in Japan then come back and see us, good luck in Japan 360 ,you CERTAINLY need it. That works both ways, ya know.

The difference being, I never said x game was going to sell a million consoles.  Which was absurd.

By the way, I do own a PS3 and an Xbox 360?  So the LTD sales in Japan matter very little to me, either way I win. 

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Jo21 said:

no one think m$ would do so many pricecuts after loosing 6 billions with the last xbox.

i think sony still will outsell, europe and japan together are too strong markets, and sony still have their big cards in those terroritories exclusive.
especially GT5.

CTifer: there is a mass market price that its under 299$, you won't find a ps3 for less than 399$.

Unfortunately we'll have to see about the effects of the price cut.

Sales vs Profit in Q4 this year.

If sales and profit are both good then obviously it was the right thing to do, but sadly people don't have the patience to wait for results.

Tease.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Well when your going against the cheapest console this gen, and the most expensive console in any console generation, you wont sell that well now would you.

I know,I cant believe that the PS2 beat the Xbox.

FLOPP???!!! Pfffft.... right.....

4 ≈ One

Yeah, it is only like the PS2 had 5X times the number of AAA games than the original xbox did.

"I know,I cant believe that the PS2 beat the Xbox."

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Garnett said:
leo-j said:
Well when your going against the cheapest console this gen, and the most expensive console in any console generation, you wont sell that well now would you.

I know,I cant believe that the PS2 beat the Xbox.

yeah the ps2 outsells in 360 for a large part of 2006-2007-2008 :P

Squilliam said:
Jo21 said:

especially GT5.

Unfortunately we'll have to see about the effects of the price cut.

Sales vs Profit in Q4 this year.

If sales and profit are both good then obviously it was the right thing to do, but sadly people don't have the patience to wait for results.

You speak truth Squilliam, witch is part of the reason this type of thread just blows up with fanboys from both sides!