By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP dropped to 66K in NA (3rd week) , good or bad ?

Infamy79 said:
leo-j said:
Should see a spike in christmas..

Oh come on, this is getting as ridiculous as the PS3 domination when... events.

LBP will be huge... LBP will have legs.... LBP will spike for xmas.... what's next?

Leo-J is right, LBP will get a spike for christmas..

and so will Buzz Quiz TV, Scene It!, My Weight Loss Coach, Wall-E, etc...

Its Christmas.. .... ...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Infamy79 said:
leo-j said:

LBP will be huge... LBP will have legs.... LBP will spike for xmas.... what's next?

Had a great opening week IMO

It's only the 4th week..... who's to say it won't???

Games released around this time DON'T show good figures around XMAS????
With good marketting of course there is a good chance of a sales Spike for a week or 2!!!

We'll know when you mention it in a post.....

4 ≈ One

gebx said:
Infamy79 said:
leo-j said:

Leo-J is right, LBP will get a spike for christmas..

and so will Buzz Quiz TV, Scene It!, My Weight Loss Coach, Wall-E, etc...

Its Christmas.. .... ...

No, im saying it because alot of people are buying other games first..

mM
Infamy79 said:
leo-j said:

^^^this

time to admit defeat on this one

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

C'mon people, it's wishful thinking, it sold 38k last week, and is dropping like stone. Unless Sony bundle it with PS3 and give it away for free, its future is bleak.

Around the Network
Star Scream said:

I wonder what Sony were thinking when they thought it would become their 'biggest title this year', 'absolutely huge'.

And I wonder what they ARE thinking now, especially Media Molecule. The devs should have avoided going exclusive with lunatics who lost touch with reality losers. Well, at least this serves them right, hopefully others won't make such a mistake in future. 

I'm sad though that SCEE owns the whole IP and the world won't see it on not so "worthy" system.

MDMAniac said:
Star Scream said:

I wonder what Sony were thinking when they thought it would become their 'biggest title this year', 'absolutely huge'.

And I wonder what they ARE thinking now, especially Media Molecule. The devs should have avoided going exclusive with lunatics who lost touch with reality losers. I'm sad that SCEE owns the whole IP and the world won't see it on not so "worthy" system. Well, at least this serves them right, hopefully others won't make such a mistake in future.

Agreed, also what about companies like Disney who reportedly wasted a lot of money and effort on DLC thinking Sackboy and friends will be huge? They must be terrified.

This is a shame. I hate it when a well produced game that tries to do something different has disappointing sales. From what I've heard, the user generated content is underwhelming, but I've never played it so I don't know.

MDMAniac said:
Star Scream said:

And I wonder what they ARE thinking now, especially Media Molecule. The devs should have avoided going exclusive with lunatics who lost touch with reality losers. I'm sad that SCEE owns the whole IP and the world won't see it on not so "worthy" system. Well, at least this serves them right, hopefully others won't make such a mistake in future.

This post just reeks of pure SONY bashing..... And whenever I PM a mod nothing happens.... :S

You make it sound like Media Molecule lost money... With over 730K sold am pretty damn sure MM is raking in profit right now.

And WTF is a "worthy" system?? What system is "worthy" of this game to you???? The 200 green box with a Publisher that's bearly in trying to improve thier first party standing and instead just wedge thier way into the hearts of 3rd parties??? The one that IMO seems really desperate to keep a 2nd place lead after an over 1.5 year headstart over both it's competitors????

Or the console that can't even run the game straight from the get go because of the games 720p Native Resolution???

EDIT: Yes, I just attacked both other systems... If you can attack a system, so can I.

4 ≈ One

expected.

Like I have said a dozen or so times. Its not a 5million seller, its a 2-2.5m seller. Which is still very good and profitable for Sony.