By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP dropped to 66K in NA (3rd week) , good or bad ?

Kasz216 said:
Staude said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Dinomax said:

you console fanboys really have zero idea what gaming is it seems... sigh...

go play your mindless dribble on a consistent basis then while we play new games.

Yes because no other game was purely built on level editoring in the history of gaming. 

theres very few that make it an actual gameplay element to the game. Game modification is way different then LBP's editor. LBP takes an innovative leap in the console world by introducing this type of gameplay.

And if you want to know I was meaning your "hardcore" shooters. If you want to play a real hardcore FPS, please play Counter Strike, Half-Life, Unreal, Doom, Battlefield, Wolfenstein, System Shock, Deus Ex, etc on PC that are actually of a calibur above the trash you play on your 360. Oh and just to kick you in the gears, go play Gunz: The Duels for your third person shooter.

Worth noting.  Only in the console world.

As a PC gamer you should know similar stuff has been around forever.

Not a game like little big planet with such efficient tools that are optimised for multiple people working on the same piece at the same time.

So... Multiplayer editing is why it's so different?

That's kinda like saying a FPS is revolutionary for having 16 person Co-op.

No. Coop is very existant already. This is something different. Uncharted if you may. Especially in the way that it was built. If you can't see that then that's your own problem. However it is fact.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:
Kasz216 said:
Staude said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Dinomax said:

you console fanboys really have zero idea what gaming is it seems... sigh...

go play your mindless dribble on a consistent basis then while we play new games.

Yes because no other game was purely built on level editoring in the history of gaming. 

theres very few that make it an actual gameplay element to the game. Game modification is way different then LBP's editor. LBP takes an innovative leap in the console world by introducing this type of gameplay.

And if you want to know I was meaning your "hardcore" shooters. If you want to play a real hardcore FPS, please play Counter Strike, Half-Life, Unreal, Doom, Battlefield, Wolfenstein, System Shock, Deus Ex, etc on PC that are actually of a calibur above the trash you play on your 360. Oh and just to kick you in the gears, go play Gunz: The Duels for your third person shooter.

Worth noting.  Only in the console world.

As a PC gamer you should know similar stuff has been around forever.

Not a game like little big planet with such efficient tools that are optimised for multiple people working on the same piece at the same time.

So... Multiplayer editing is why it's so different?

That's kinda like saying a FPS is revolutionary for having 16 person Co-op.

No. Coop is very existant already. This is something different. Uncharted if you may. Especially in the way that it was built. If you can't see that then that's your own problem. However it is fact.

Co-op is something very existant... yet LBP's Co-op is something new and uncharted? Explain that line of reasoning to me. How can Co-op be both existnt, and yet new? How is Co-op in creating levels even helpful anyway? If anything it would seem completly in the way unless you both planned out what you were going to do in the first place anyway. It's like Co-op painting. At least SRPG co-op makes it so you don't have to pass a controller around.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
You know how rare it is for a game to actually get 1 m+ first week right? It only happens like once or twice a year if we're lucky.

So no, no sane people expected 1m+ first week.

Odd. I could have sworn there were more than 2 games that sold 1M first week in 2008.

GTA IV 360 - 3.4M 

SSB Brawl - 2.8M

GTA IV Ps3 - 2.5M

Mario Kart - 2.4M

Gears 2 - 2.1M

MGS 4 - 1.7M

Wii Fit - 1.4M (Japan launch was in 07)

I'm sure I'm missing some, and I'm not even counting multiplats.

And in 07, there were even more.

I'm guessing that the average over 5 years, would be 1 1M+ seller first week a month.

Oh, you meant worldwide.

It's still not very common for new IPs to pop up and sell 1 m+.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Vanadium2k8 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
You know how rare it is for a game to actually get 1 m+ first week right? It only happens like once or twice a year if we're lucky.

So no, no sane people expected 1m+ first week.

Odd. I could have sworn there were more than 2 games that sold 1M first week in 2008.

GTA IV 360 - 3.4M 

SSB Brawl - 2.8M

GTA IV Ps3 - 2.5M

Mario Kart - 2.4M

Gears 2 - 2.1M

MGS 4 - 1.7M

Wii Fit - 1.4M (Japan launch was in 07)

I'm sure I'm missing some, and I'm not even counting multiplats.

And in 07, there were even more.

I'm guessing that the average over 5 years, would be 1 1M+ seller first week a month.

Oh, you meant worldwide.

It's still not very common for new IPs to pop up and sell 1 m+.

And it's also not common for new IPs to get the sheer amount of hype that Little Big Planet has. And it's not like it was just a hype machine right at launch time. It's been garnering a ton of hype for well over a year or more now.  

Into week 3, it's painfully obvious that LBPs production does not live up to the hype. It may even be the Derrick Coleman of video games.  Mario Kart sold 90k (US) plus last week - in its 29th week. That's legs.  Comparably, Fallout 3, a farily hardcore RPG sold 2 times as much as LBP and I would venture to get it didn't get nearly the advertising budget.

So a game selling < 40k in week 3 - with this type of build-up - is very poor.

Some of you die hards may not be discouraged, but I guarantee you the developers and publishers are a little bummed out over these numbers.

3rd week sales number adjusted
It's now 60k only,not 66k
and 4th week one is 38k

Around the Network
jingho said:
and 4th week one is 38k

Honestly, this should be right time for meltdown. This thing is nowhere near Uncharted and never will. I feel pity inside for Media Molecule, they got talent.

Should see a spike in christmas..

mM
jingho said:
3rd week sales number adjusted
and 4th week one is 38k

Won't be long before it drops from the chart altogether, then.

I think it's safe to say Sackboy won't become a mascot. Sadly, it may yet become a symbol of failure. I wonder what Sony were thinking when they thought it would become their 'biggest title this year', 'absolutely huge'.

leo-j said:
Should see a spike in christmas..

Oh come on, this is getting as ridiculous as the PS3 domination when... events.

LBP will be huge... LBP will have legs.... LBP will spike for xmas.... what's next?

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Dinomax said:
ssj12 said:
Neoraf said:

As said before:
One more casual game getting off the market making way for MORE HARDCORE GAMES!

So it's Good news!

LBP isnt casual.. so you two fail

NOT HARDCORE.  Just look at it!  Only Kiddies and little girls would want to play this.  CASUAL!

THATS MORE LIKE!  Hardcore through and through!  GUNS, MONSTERS AND LARGE BULKY MEN!  

HARDCORE! HARDCORE! HARDCORE!

Reasons why I hate alot of 360 Exclusives.... the top games [in terms of sales and usually ratings] are shooters with aleins, and buff dudes in space suits with guns......

Not everyone wants to play hardcore games 24/7. If MGS4 was never released and I could only buy one game this year.... It would be LBP, and I'm a huge MGS fan. And the fact that I alone say this, is proof that no every guy over the age of 12 just wants Hardcore games only.

4 ≈ One