DMeisterJ said:
@ Chirzum

Pardon my french: Wat the fuck?

That looks better than CoD PS360?

Are you nuts?

Call of Duty 3, honey.

Oh.

that BS game?  Yeah, probably does.

It's okay, DMeisterJ. Reading is hard...

On topic, I guess the question for me is, are the folks on this site planning on switching over from MoH, or are they sticking to their guns? I'll finally be free to start playing games again in two weeks, but there's no point if I don't know anyone who's playing...

I think ill stick with MoHH2. The controls and the online are the only reasons why i bought the game, and i have high expectations for controls now. I was on the fence about WaW, and ths review didnt convince me to get it or ditch it. I might still get it since the online system (perks and all that) sounds really awesome, but i would need some serious convincing. The fact that the controls dont stand up to MoHH2 is probably my biggest turn off for the game at the momnet.

Around the Network

I'll stick with Moh2:h for awhile till enough ppl get this game and online stable . Grab it on black friday probably .

MoH it is, then, at least for a while. Glad to hear I've got more money to spend elsewhere!

And by "elsewhere," I mean at the nearest bar. Ahh, the sweet embrace of artificial unconsciousness...

yushire said:
Yakuzaice said:
yushire said:

And if you think about onlines and modes do you know that Activision can add the players online if they want to if there are enough players to support it? Its not that they dont want to add players online its that Activision is afraid that there are no one buy this game to play it online like you all did now...

As for the modes, you have a point there but team based battles like seek and destroy and CTF arent the reason why gamers go online anyway. Though I dunno why theres no zombie mode.

You honestly think they capped it at 8 players because they weren't sure they would sell enough to fill up a larger game?  How many games have had their max players increased after the launch?  Also plenty of people like team based modes.  SOCOM was essentially that, as well as many other games.  And back to the player cap, I can hop on SOCOM II, and despite the fact only several hundred still play, I can easily find a full (or a spot or two open) 16 player match.

YES... this is Wii we're discussing after all...

about the team based modes, this is call of duty we're discussing about here... If you even played Counter Strike and other similar games to it no one cares who have the bomb, strategy or which team lose or which team wins. The more important is how many kills you got before you died, what more with call of duty.

That still doesn't make any sense.  It doesn't take any substantial sales to fill up a 16 player game.  If you just have a few hundred dedicated players you will be able to fill a game larger than 8 people.  There seem to be five different modes.  If so, with less than 500 people playing you could have 6 full 16 player games for each mode.  There are plenty of reasons they could have made it 8 players, but I highly doubt sales is one of them.

You said team based games aren't the reason gamers go online.  SOCOM was pretty much the only reason PS2 gamers went online for quite some time.  I agree the average Call of Duty player probably is just looking out for themselves.  However I can find thousands of people playing Team Fortress 2, SOCOM, Battlefield 2, etc. who do work together.  Obviously you will have better luck with people you know, but it isn't impossible to jump in a game and see people working together.

So goodbye to COD 4 engine on the Wii then, its sad because of Treyarch's time and effort to push the Wii's hardware to the limits this is PC/PS360 engine we're talking about here. But I guess only few people buy this game so... Goodbye COD 4 engine, hardly even knew you.

And if you think this is Activision's wake up call if you didnt buy this game, then sorry it only make more reason for Activision to excuse themselves not to develop core games with good graphics because it didnt sell well.

Say hello to COD 3 ps2 engine again...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

come on people, who cares about the IGN review, get what you like the most!!

i have the Wii version it and it's great, the graphics and the controls!
i give it a 9.6!!

also, it's very stupid to compare it to MOHH2, where was playind honor heroes i thought it was awesome, but COD: WaW is much better, for god's sake!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Yakuzaice said:
yushire said:
Yakuzaice said:
yushire said:

And if you think about onlines and modes do you know that Activision can add the players online if they want to if there are enough players to support it? Its not that they dont want to add players online its that Activision is afraid that there are no one buy this game to play it online like you all did now...

As for the modes, you have a point there but team based battles like seek and destroy and CTF arent the reason why gamers go online anyway. Though I dunno why theres no zombie mode.

You honestly think they capped it at 8 players because they weren't sure they would sell enough to fill up a larger game?  How many games have had their max players increased after the launch?  Also plenty of people like team based modes.  SOCOM was essentially that, as well as many other games.  And back to the player cap, I can hop on SOCOM II, and despite the fact only several hundred still play, I can easily find a full (or a spot or two open) 16 player match.

YES... this is Wii we're discussing after all...

about the team based modes, this is call of duty we're discussing about here... If you even played Counter Strike and other similar games to it no one cares who have the bomb, strategy or which team lose or which team wins. The more important is how many kills you got before you died, what more with call of duty.

That still doesn't make any sense.  It doesn't take any substantial sales to fill up a 16 player game.  If you just have a few hundred dedicated players you will be able to fill a game larger than 8 people.  There seem to be five different modes.  If so, with less than 500 people playing you could have 6 full 16 player games for each mode.  There are plenty of reasons they could have made it 8 players, but I highly doubt sales is one of them.

You said team based games aren't the reason gamers go online.  SOCOM was pretty much the only reason PS2 gamers went online for quite some time.  I agree the average Call of Duty player probably is just looking out for themselves.  However I can find thousands of people playing Team Fortress 2, SOCOM, Battlefield 2, etc. who do work together.  Obviously you will have better luck with people you know, but it isn't impossible to jump in a game and see people working together.

No wonder it takes 10 minutes for a room to be full and everyone can play as someone posted on IGN boards. Do you know that some people bought the game not because of multiplayer right?

@Leni----> Just let them be, they never knew what they have now till they lost it.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

i remove it from my list.

I'll be picking this game up tomorrow :)

BTW, theres a zombie mode on this game, YES... you read that right... zombie mode ZOMBIE MODE

http://forums.gametrailers.com/?do=show_thread&id=453765&page=4

there is a zombie mode you have to finish the game first and it becomes an unlockable you could also gain points as well as upgrades and tweaks and use it when you replay the game..
ign also gave it a high score , so its not watered down. they are saying this is the best call of duty war game out there . nothing elso out there tops it chk out ign review.. i would buy this game... it is that good. you also have aerial battles like call of duty 4

Did bozon even finish this game before reviewing it? BOZON EPIC PHAIL!

E3 2010- Tape runs out