By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
psrock said:
Once again you guys have turned this into a 360 vs ps3 thread when both got destroyed with Resistance and gears coming out. I really think wii fans should be gloating.

But, and I say this as someone who pre-ordered Wii Animal Crossing, the PS3 and 360 being beaten by Wii is like them being beaten by Tickle Me Elmo.  The Wii is a completely different product than what the the 360 and PS3 are.  It's like trying to argue that the PSP is way more successful than the Wii since it's got a multi-million lead, or saying that the DS is better than an iPhone because it's sold 75 million more.  

At this point it's a pointless argument.  Nintendo has hit on a successful product, but it's not a gamer's game system the way we know it, even compared to the most casual of the PS2 userbase.

For the same reason there isn't a thread asking how many units Bejeweled Twist sold on PC the first week out.  (Though I bet it destroyed most of the console titles.)

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

actually you could easily argue that the only reason wii has ever been outsold in NA is because of a lack of supply even during halo week.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

TruckOSaurus said:
fastyxx said:
Nintendo is destroying hardcore gaming wah-wah-waaaaaaaaaaaah

Oh puh-lease! Will you stop with this silly idea that the casuals are going to somehow stop developpers from creating hardcore games. The video game industry is growing compared to the previous generation, there's room for everyone from the evil casuals to the heavenly hardcore players.

I'm sorry I have a different opinion than you do.  I won't let it happen again, Nostradamus.

Every console gets a boost. And Gears 2 and Resistance 2 do NOT give a big boost hardware.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@fastyxx
the most casual of the PS2 userbase used it solely as a DVD player. You think playing Wii Sports or Fit is worse than that?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network
Fernando said:
leo-j said:
Wow the wii is doing unbelieveable, I dont understand why

Why some of you guys think that people have to buy the systems just for future releases?

Yes, people wants a Wii, and yes, the Wii doesn't have a lot of great games coming this holiday season (Mushroom Man, Deadly Creaturesm Tales and Animal Crossing are my Wii titles for this holiday)...

There are a lot of great games for the Wii... Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Metroid, Zelda, SSBB, Wario... people also buy the system for those games.

And 2009 looks a lot better in terms of third party games...

While it is true that traditional gamers are buying Wiis for those games, the reality is that Non Traditional games are the reason the Wii is selling so well. Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Carnival Games, Game Party, and all the third party "trash" in the eyes of the hardcore. It doesn't matter Gears of War or Halo, Grand Theft Auto or whatever, most people buying the Wii just don't care about those games.

However, games like Mario Kart or Galaxy that are selling so well may be an indication that some users are moving upstream.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

darthdevidem01 said:
Squilliam said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Squilliam said:
My Xbox 360 just started making a particularly annoying sound.

Xbox 360 gloating confirmed?

no no....thats how it sounds like normally anyway.....

lol couldn't help it!

Btw I got a new Microsoft Blu Tooth Keyboard.

Works great with the PS3!

cool....does the PS3 not send blu-ray waves that attack it??

Strangley they seem to cooperate.

Maybe someone forgot to tell them that they should be enemies?

Tease.

BringBackChrono said:
@fastyxx
the most casual of the PS2 userbase used it solely as a DVD player. You think playing Wii Sports or Fit is worse than that?

That's probably the most insightful comment in the thread.  Good point.

But I would argue that there are a LOT of Wii Sports/Wii Play -only consoles out there, and that it really isn't THAT much different.

I do really like your point, though.

The reason I think those people that only play Wii Sports/Play/Fit are bad for gamers though is because it's undeniable that developers are putting teams on games that chase that audience rather than making the next great 3rd party gamer's game.  One of my best friends went to work for E.A. a decade ago hoping to make hardcore games.  He's been stuck making outfits for Sims for about six years now.  It happens.

psrock said:
Once again you guys have turned this into a 360 vs ps3 thread when both got destroyed with Resistance and gears coming out. I really think wii fans should be gloating.

this is basically because most rational people on this forum have accepted that the wii wins, so now the interesting conflict it ps3/360. no use in arguing about a blowout, and its not as fun either.

they could do hd/wii, but that if fading fast too. the brighter note is that game sales for third parties is not disproportionate as hardware sales, so all three get to flourish 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Squilliam said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Squilliam said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Squilliam said:
My Xbox 360 just started making a particularly annoying sound.

Xbox 360 gloating confirmed?

no no....thats how it sounds like normally anyway.....

lol couldn't help it!

Btw I got a new Microsoft Blu Tooth Keyboard.

Works great with the PS3!

cool....does the PS3 not send blu-ray waves that attack it??

Strangley they seem to cooperate.

Maybe someone forgot to tell them that they should be enemies?

hmm....looks like crazzyman isn't doing his job as well as he ought to....or Kirby007 on the other hand

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey