By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RPGs sales on X360 USA: Where will they wind up at?

Soriku said:
RPGs + 360= phail

Especially in Japan.

Soriku, ever thought about not trolling at least once and adding to the discussion in a thread?  Your posts are getting real tiring and you're really starting to sound like a broken record.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Soriku said:
RPGs + 360= phail

Especially in Japan.

Soriku, ever thought about not trolling at least once and adding to the discussion in a thread?  Your posts are getting real tiring and you're really starting to sound like a broken record.

yeah and we are not even talking about japan its about in the usa, where oblivion sold over 1m
also blue dragon in japan has almost 50% attach rate so how is that a failure

I agree with every one of your claims except Mass Effect. I think it will be a great game, but certainly not double the sales of Oblivion. It will technically be a sales success, but it will it 1.5 million to 1.75 million at most.

Mass Effect kind of reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic, and since that game did about 1.46 million in North America (possibly higher with the greatest hits) I'd guess that Mass Effect will do similar numbers (probably about 1.5 million).

I think Eternal Sonata will do better than the 195,000 given at the start of the thread, I'd put it at around 350,000.

I think you're right with the 450,000 for Two Worlds since it's likely to ride on the coattails of Oblivion.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon I find hard to even try to predict. Lost Odyssey appeals to me more and since I consider myself a typical Xbox 360 owner I'd say it'll likely get more sales than Blue Dragon.

tombi123 said:
Legend11 said:
Soriku said:
RPGs + 360= phail

Especially in Japan.

yeah and we are not even talking about japan its about in the usa, where oblivion sold over 1m
also blue dragon in japan has almost 50% attach rate so how is that a failure

Blue dragon has a 50% attach rate? Were did you get that information from?

mM
Around the Network
naznatips said:
I agree with every one of your claims except Mass Effect. I think it will be a great game, but certainly not double the sales of Oblivion. It will technically be a sales success, but it will it 1.5 million to 1.75 million at most.

I doubt it, 360 fans have been talking about mass effect more and more, Id expect it to end up at 2-3million at most.

mM

Mass Effect 1,100,000
Lost Odyssey 300,000
Blue Dragon 150,000
Two Worlds 150,000
Eternal Sonata 125,000

Mass Effect 2, 400,000
Lost Odyssey 850,000
Blue Dragon 660,000
Eternal Sonata 385,000
Two Worlds 290 000

Carpe Diem!

Blue Dragon's attach rate:

Japanese BD sales: 193,000 units
Xbox 360s sold in Japan: 410,000 units
= 47% attach ratio.

ES is a big question, merely in the fact that I just don't see alot of stateside hype...A good example is the ES forums @ Xbox.com....There are 250 posts vs. 14,000 for ME.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Blue Dragon's attach rate:

Japanese BD sales: 193,000 units
Xbox 360s sold in Japan: 410,000 units
= 47% attach ratio.

ES is a big question, merely in the fact that I just don't see alot of stateside hype...A good example is the ES forums @ Xbox.com....There are 250 posts vs. 14,000 for ME.

Certainly Western RPGs will (and should be expected to) do signifficantly better on the 360 than JRPGs in America, I just don't understand why you expect Mass Effect to double the sales of even the best selling Western RPGs before it.