By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Verdict is in -- SACKBOY STRIKES BACK! 670K Week 1 WW (wk 0 + 1 in NA)

heruamon said:
markers said:
heruamon said:
EvilAvatar said:
Results - 28/09/08

Which exclusive will sell the most in its lifetime?

Animal Crossing: City Folk 341 15.14%

Fable 2 70 3.11%

Gears of War 2 523 23.21%

Little Big Planet 658 29.21%

Resistance 2 104 4.62%

Wii Music 557 24.72%

ROFLMAO...and the ps3 fanboys talk about how they are outnumbered on this site...but this joke of a poll documents how massive their presence is.  As I said, it was foolish to talk about LBP, when talking about sales for Fable 2 and Gears 2...an absolute joke.

link / bold an instance of someone comparing first day/week sales of LBP to fable 2 and gears 2! yes you are right that its foolish to do that, thats why i want a link. every thread i was in about LBP sales never compared it to first day/week sales of fable 2 and gears 2 at all, they might of mentioned beating them in LTD sales  but not first day/week

BRO...LBP ain't touching anywhere near Gears 2 sales..period! ps3 has alot of titles coming down the pike, and I can't see the limited amount of buying that you ps3 owner do, going exclusively to LBP. 2-2.5 million would be norm for me...3 million would start to exceed my expectations at this point...10 million would be stunning beyond all belief! Gear 2 will CRUSH LBP LTD...save this statement and feel free to quote me in a year.

saved, ill be looking forward to see what happens

Around the Network

Because of LBP's cutesy graphics and the fact it appeals to all ages the game got a lot of exposure over here in the UK, sackboys were shown on the Jonathon ross show a few weeks back and its been getting mentioned on loads of daytime t.v. programmes (i work nights so even though i despise daytime t.v. i still occasionally have the t.v. on) it was also advertised heavily in underground tube stations all around London, The bottom line is that LBP has had huge T.V., Media and advertisement coverage and has still not lived up to peoples sales expectations.......... Sorry, but thats just the truth...!!!!

Good numbers when the release was so botched. Anyway which ever way you cut it this game will have legs. Just starting to play other peoples creations, some bad, some good but there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best releases this year.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Spankey said:
heruamon said:
EvilAvatar said:
Results - 28/09/08

Fable 2 70 3.11%

Resistance 2 104 4.62%

Wii Music 557 24.72%

ROFLMAO...and the ps3 fanboys talk about how they are outnumbered on this site...but this joke of a poll documents how massive their presence is.  As I said, it was foolish to talk about LBP, when talking about sales for Fable 2 and Gears 2...an absolute joke.

if this poll is such a "joke", why are you trying to use it as evidence in your argument?

If you think the poll is invalid, don't use it.

The new spelling of fanboy is as follows: heruamon

ROFLMAO...good point. ROFLMAO PS3 fanboy, bad selling, what a joke, Gears, Halo...ROFLMAO...

Aj_habfan said:
Spankey said:
heruamon said:
EvilAvatar said:
Results - 28/09/08

Fable 2 70 3.11%

Resistance 2 104 4.62%

Wii Music 557 24.72%

if this poll is such a "joke", why are you trying to use it as evidence in your argument?

ROFLMAO...good point. ROFLMAO PS3 fanboy, bad selling, what a joke, Gears, Halo...ROFLMAO...

I'm a 360 fanboy, and I've got no beef with Wii lovers, because they don't go around posting garbage like many ps3 fanboys love to do. The console is DEEPLY in dead last, after the last console was a 100 million seller...the console has the LOWEST attach rate, and still we get nonsense arguements from ps3 fans about prosperity being around the corner. If ps3 fanboys would stop talking smack, i'd have no problem with them...they are in last place and love to behave like everybody is clawing for a ps3...lol...now that's a joke!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

I expected way higher sales with such a hyped game with so much marketing put behind it. 270k in others first week is fair poor.

heruamon said:
Aj_habfan said:
Spankey said:
heruamon said:
EvilAvatar said:
Results - 28/09/08

Fable 2 70 3.11%

Resistance 2 104 4.62%

Wii Music 557 24.72%

I'm a 360 fanboy, and I've got no beef with Wii lovers, because they don't go around posting garbage like many ps3 fanboys love to do. The console is DEEPLY in dead last, after the last console was a 100 million seller...the console has the LOWEST attach rate, and still we get nonsense arguements from ps3 fans about prosperity being around the corner. If ps3 fanboys would stop talking smack, i'd have no problem with them...they are in last place and love to behave like everybody is clawing for a ps3...lol...now that's a joke!

amen

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

hurrah, gears out sold LBP and now all the xbox fans can vent, enjoy. While you are at enjoy Gears, let me get on and enjoy LBP and we are all happy. Just a question of "for how long"

joshin69 said:
hurrah, gears out sold LBP and now all the xbox fans can vent, enjoy. While you are at enjoy Gears, let me get on and enjoy LBP and we are all happy. Just a question of "for how long"

Gears 2 will outsell BOTH R2 and LBP!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Oh look its dead lets poke it with a stick! Of course it will, state the obvious why don't you.