By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Verdict is in -- SACKBOY STRIKES BACK! 670K Week 1 WW (wk 0 + 1 in NA)

Aj_habfan said:
johnsobas said:
ugh, stop adding this supposed "week 0" to the first week. It sold about 500k first week, not bad depending on how the legs turn out.

Legs should be good, considering it raised like 70k over the first week in America.

and you know why it had that raise ... nothing to do with legs.

Around the Network

Omg poor LBP sale
Hope it will be better in the next few weeks

so 670k week 1 WW eh

thats awesome

so lets see....

10,000,000 / 670,000 = 15 weeks

damn my prediciton was too low!!!!!

Dianko said:
forsaken0825 said:
I still have a question with the Jap sales.
Do the Jap sales include the sales with the DS3 LBP bundle?
or is it separate if so then its probably more sales

You know, those of us who are of Japanese descent don't particularly appreciate the use of the word "Jap".

Really??

@makingmusic476

I am not going to argue sales figures with you. Long legs are an oddity plain and simple. Everyone says well this game will have long legs, but it rarely is the case. Spouting the line no more makes it true then providing all the games that dropped to a crawl makes it impossible. Does the game deserve to have long legs now that is objective, but a lot of deserving games don't get the long legs they deserve. Sometimes the short memory of gamers is pretty unfair.

I am sorry I am not going to waste my time, and it isn't likely that anyone else is going to waste the time categorizing whether one Sony loyalist is sensible or another Sony loyalist is not sensible. Though sometimes it does seem as if the least rational Sony supporters do drown out the more rational ones at a prodigious rate. Sometimes it feels like the Sony side of the debate did draw the short straw or the short bus as it were. What can be done about that all you can do is stand by your record, and you cannot provide cover for braggarts and blowhards.

Around the Network

Having "LONG LEGS" really just means "being sold off very cheaply" and "being thrown in with hardware deals" neither of which makes the devs or the console makers much if any profit, it's the first 4 weeks at best that make the money.

Gears 2 sold 2.1 million on day 1 that has made money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The BEST Game this Gen is Gears Of War 2

ROFLMAO...yeah...LBP looks GREAT next to Gears 2 600+k in sales...Sorry, but I expected far more from Europe, with all the hype, than a mere 274k. Given the PS3 greater demand in much of PAL over 360, as we've seen in the past, this result hardly bodes well...less than 1 million in 3 weeks...I expect LTD at 2-2.5 million...good..no doubt, but hardly what we had been lead to believe was possible.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Decent entry numbers. But it's hardly anything to shout about considering the forum hype. But still close to 1 mill Week 1 sales. Not bad for a new IP.

heruamon said:
ROFLMAO...yeah...LBP looks GREAT next to Gears 2 600+k in sales...Sorry, but I expected far more from Europe, with all the hype, than a mere 274k. Given the PS3 greater demand in much of PAL over 360, as we've seen in the past, this result hardly bodes well...less than 1 million in 3 weeks...I expect LTD at 2-2.5 million...good..no doubt, but hardly what we had been lead to believe was possible.

So u compare a totally new ip with a game which has already proved its great and sells great, i dont think anyone expected LBP to outsell Gears 2.

I think LBP's sales are pretty good. Some people just were overenthusiastic about its sales capacity. It will easily sell 1.5 million, after that it depends on the legs.
However I do think it failed to sell many systems, what a lot of Sony fans thought it would do.