By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can PS3 Explode in Japan in 09??

It will spike briefly, but it won't significantly rise in sales to form a trend. It probably will have a better year in 09 than 08, but it won't be anything unexpected.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

japan might possibly have KH3 by the end of 09

So Japan have had:
Devil May Cry 4
Metal Frikkin Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Dynasty Warriors 6
And some others.

Take my love, take my land..

trestres said:
Lol deathgod33: You honestly think the Wii won't sell 3 mre million units in Japan? It may sell up to 500k this holiday season, leaving it at 2.5 million for the rest of the gen. If you think the Wii will stop selling then you are too blind to be posting. It's true that maybe it will slow down, but stop selling?? Lol.

Also, PS3 selling 5 million next year is probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my life. That would mean it will have to sell an average of 100k units/week. ROFL

No the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard was the PSP outselling the DS with one simple Franchise called Monster Hunter.

Anyway FFXIII and GT5 both have the ability to push the Hardware sales of the PS3 above 100k for weeks or even months.  A pricecut, a new colour, advent Children bundle, Last Renmant, RES5, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, Yakuza 3, new Tekken all have the ability to give the PS3 a HW boots for weeks. If PS3 can sell one million this year with just one big release called MGS4 (that in fact is not big at all in Japan) then in my opinion it doesn't sound that ridiculous that the PS3 can sell 5 million next year...only the possibility of GT5 releasing in 09 is very small.

They have a nice line-up, but none of it will matter if Sony don't lower the price.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
CAL4M1TY said:
SpartanFX said:

let's look at the games:

1.FF advent movie bundled with PS3 <-- LOL. I don't like the PS3's chances if the first thing it has going for it is a movie. A movie that's bundled with a demo of FFXIII exclusively on PS3, that it DOES have going for it.

2.GT5 - will DEFINITELY help sales

3.Resident Evil 5 - meh, will sell more on the PS3 but won't change much

4.FFXIII by the end of 09 only in Japan - this speaks for itself, sales - YOU BET!

5.WKC(only 5 days before 09 so we could assume the sale spikes mostly in 09) - yup, i'd say so

PS3 will most probably get a price cut in Japan in 09 as well. - This.

What do you think?what other games are coming out in japan that will help PS3 in 09?

I'm going to say it'll do better, but not explode. But I expect all 3 home consoles to do better in Japan next year (which incidently, isn't too hard for two of them).

That's my take on it.

@CGI-Quality, dude, I just wanted to let you know that you are the biggest cock-rider on this website. You never come up with your own fucking opinion. Hop off of people's sacks and grow some balls...sheeze

One game is all it will take, MH on PSP show how unpredictable that market is.

Considering the current rate of PS3 sales (and yes I know this week was higher) it will definitely see higher sales as big games are released. Games like FF13 and GT5 ensure that the PS3 will do a lot better than the Gamecube did. I use that comparison because at the moment, the PS3 is below Gamecube sales so far.

But just as big titles will push the PS3, big titles push all consoles, and there's just too much competition for the PS3 to "explode" as they say. Not only will the Wii see a rebound in sales, but the 360 is finally becoming a viable console. Well some see the PS3's upcoming titles as the PS3's ace in the whole in Japan, I see it more as it's lifeline. The PS3 has enough major games based on popular PS2 franchises to keep it afloat in the Japanese market.

That's the best part about winning a console generation, the get out of jail free cards you amass for the next gen.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

lol

makingmusic476 said:
RE5 won't do much of anything in Japan. RE1-3 were all very big in Japan, selling over 1.5 million a piece. Combined, the GC and ps2 versions of RE4 barely broke 700k.

It seems Japanese gamers have good taste, lol.

Ah man, wth? RE4 is one of the best games of all time.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.