By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can PS3 Explode in Japan in 09??

deathgod33 said:
sony must of did something to keep ff13 exclusive in japan (i know microsoft was drooling over getting that game in japan). quite frankly, that could potentially be the smartest thing sony did this gen. and, if they cut the price of the ps3 by 30% THE EXACT DAY ff13 releases, then ps3 will sell outsell the wii by 1.5 to 1 in japan for the remainder of this gen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I 100% agree with you on the bolded part.

Around the Network

@deathgod: So you think a single game will give PS3 a permanent boost in Japan. Sigh.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@deathgod: So you think a single game will give PS3 a permanent boost in Japan. Sigh.

lol i know i got a little carried away, but still never underestimate the power of final fantasy.

trestres said:
Lol deathgod33: You honestly think the Wii won't sell 3 mre million units in Japan? It may sell up to 500k this holiday season, leaving it at 2.5 million for the rest of the gen. If you think the Wii will stop selling then you are too blind to be posting. It's true that maybe it will slow down, but stop selling?? Lol.

Also, PS3 selling 5 million next year is probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my life. That would mean it will have to sell an average of 100k units/week. ROFL

its sales are declining, now its only in the 20k's. who knows how low it can go. im not guaranteeing ps3 will win in japan, but ff13 is going to help it get like a 6 million userbase at least, by the end of this gen.

@deathgod: PS3 may reach the 6 million you are talking about, but it won't ever sell more than the Wii. There's simply no chance of it happening. Wii will sell way more than 10 million, in fact 10 million could be happening next year for the Wii.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

@trestres, there is a slight hair of a chance, dont hate on the underdog, lol. i really dont care that much about it selling more than wii, just getting a decent userbase and avoiding those 4k weeks.
so i'll remind you all once again:

http://en.gamers.com/news/view_2799.html

@deathgod: Well, having the most games in the Famitsu's top 15 Most wanted games list, is not indicative of anything, but that the PS3 has gotten fairly big announcemnets so far while the Wii hasnt.

Just tell me, which of those games has been announced recently? None. After those games are released, can you tell me which big games are coming up for the PS3? That is a hype list from Hardcore gamers, even GTA4 was there while Wii Fit wasn't. Now Wii Fit is at 2.7 million units sold, while GTA4 will be lucky to reach 200k LTD.

Wii needs more big announcements, like MH3. And they are all gonna come next year.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

wii sales haven't got as low as they were last year yet, it dipped slightly below 20k last year around this time. This is just a slow time of the year, that's all. For the year sales are down for wii but it was supply constrained for quite a while last year.

Slimline PS3, maybe.

trestres said:
@deathgod: Well, having the most games in the Famitsu's top 15 Most wanted games list, is not indicative of anything, but that the PS3 has gotten fairly big announcemnets so far while the Wii hasnt.

Just tell me, which of those games has been announced recently? None. After those games are released, can you tell me which big games are coming up for the PS3? That is a hype list from Hardcore gamers, even GTA4 was there while Wii Fit wasn't. Now Wii Fit is at 2.7 million units sold, while GTA4 will be lucky to reach 200k LTD.

Wii needs more big announcements, like MH3. And they are all gonna come next year.

well, i cant say i dont agree. so lets all just wait and then watch what happens.