By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone News...

Yulegoat said: I didn't like Halo that much and I still don't understand why it was so highly praised. Character design was graphically good, environments were mediocre. Two things bad about characters: 1. They were not believable (the screaming little wackos for example) and 2. they were not believable (why the hell would all the aliens in far space have 2 eyes, 1 head, 2 feet, 2 arms etc.). Then there was the simplicity of the game. Why go and kill everyone in the way with conventional weapons and not use nuke?
Halo was awosome in my book because of two things. 1. It was the only modern game that wasnt SUPER FAST PACED... and had good vehicles. Today it is competing with ... Crysis... wich blows Farcry out of the water... wich blew Halo2 plum off the halo. :P I like FPS. But I dont like 'simulator' FPS... I guess you might say. And then I dont like FASTER FASTER RAILGUN. either. which leaves a slim market. Really all it is for games worth buying is FarCry, Halo... uhh... well... uhh... That's it.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

EagleHD said: Bonafide Halo 3 Killer? Could be....
Killzone1 was average at best. I'm not a huge Halo fan by any means but it thoroughly spanked Killzone. I don't see why there is any hype behind this game at all. Until actual footage is released, until there are some actual game play impressions, and only if those impressions are glowing should Killzone 2 be looked at as anything other than Vaporware.

if Killzone2 will suck, sony will loose it`s name for a long time. So this game cannot be bad. That`s all. ;) Killzone 1 wasn`t game that proof reputation of sony, but k2 is. And more than 20 mln. $ spent on developers + moret than 120 developers working now for almost 2 years. http://games.kikizo.com/news/200611/106.asp?f=106.asp

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said: if Killzone2 will suck, sony will loose it`s name for a long time. So this game cannot be bad. That`s all. ;) Killzone 1 wasn`t game that proof reputation of sony, but k2 is. And more than 20 mln. $ spent on developers + moret than 120 developers working now for almost 2 years. http://games.kikizo.com/news/200611/106.asp?f=106.asp
Why? Sony has many other more popular titles to claim their fame on. I love the Halo serious but I cannot get interested in Killzone. Now mention some arc the lad, SOTC, god of war, parrappa and some getaway action and I am on edge. Sony slowly became one of the largest development companies out there. If killzone fails I doubt that people will give up hope on sony's plethora of popular franchises. Maybe a rabid troll or two will do victory dances if it fails but it isn't really a big a game as some people are proclaiming it to be. 20 mil is about average for large scale games. FFXII ( a PS2 game) cost 35 million to make with 100+ devs and 4 years to be made.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

The last game I heard of that was supposed to set new boundaries for animation, physics etc. was Half-Life 2, which proved to be possibly the greatest FPS ever made. People seem to forget the huge amount of problems the developers faced with the first Killzone, most notably switching from programming it to windows to a console. With the massive budget, and huge team of developers working steadily for 2 years, it would have to take a monumental degree of foolishness for this game to turn out bad. 

Around the Network

Townzy_89 said: EagleHD said: Bonafide Halo 3 Killer? Could be.... No retard they said that about killzone and it sold like poo.
KILLZONE sold 2 million worldwide. ofcourse KILLZONE 2 would atleast use 50% of ps3's power and would be wayyyyyyy more better than CARTOONISTIC HALO 3. what a shame in the era of CRYSIS and LAIR. one one side u have PHOTOREALISM...........on the other u have CARTOON GAMES like HALO 3

washimul said: Townzy_89 said: EagleHD said: Bonafide Halo 3 Killer? Could be.... No retard they said that about killzone and it sold like poo. KILLZONE sold 2 million worldwide. ofcourse KILLZONE 2 would atleast use 50% of ps3's power and would be wayyyyyyy more better than CARTOONISTIC HALO 3. what a shame in the era of CRYSIS and LAIR. one one side u have PHOTOREALISM...........on the other u have CARTOON GAMES like HALO 3
So... you know Halo 3 has cartoon graphics before it's released... and i suppose your first console is PS3? OMGZOR HOW COULD YA PLAY WIT DAT PS2??? IT'S GFX AR SOOO CARTOONISTICz!!!!!!!!!!!! @washimul are you 12 or something?

I dont like halo that much. But I'm really looking forward to Killzone. I love the world. And if it comes out anything like a FarCry/Resistance (the style of levels) mutt. It will be one of the best FPS I've ever played. And from what I've read. It's gonna have the Levels like FarCry, Citys like Resistance... And vehicles like FarCry. (I would say Halo, but I think FarCry has the best vehicles so far)

EDIT: The website is being funky and it double posted.

Townzy_89 said: EagleHD said: Bonafide Halo 3 Killer? Could be.... No retard they said that about killzone and it sold like poo.
I'd hardly call over 2 million copies sold world wide "selling like poo" if that's the case, every xbox game sold like poo except for 3 games: Halo, Halo2 and PGR