By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could name the 8Th Generation of Consoles.

I don't know about the other consoles, but I'd definitely name the next Nintendo console "Wii 2", which would be pronounced "wii ni" in Japanese.

Good stuff.

Around the Network

Playstation 4
Nintendo Revolution would be good I suppose
Microsoft. Hmm, XXX? Triple Xbox.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Nintendo Neo-Wii
Sony Redemption
Sir Xbox the Third

hmm

Nintendo Gamesphere
Xbox 6.02 X 10^23
Playstation 4D

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Keeping it simple:

Playstation 4
Super Wii
X-Box Wii

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

nintendo-revolution
microsoft halomachinex
sony $1500 paper-weight.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

The next gen will see the

The Microsoft X marks the spot
The Playstation 4get about last time
The Nintendo Wiily awesome

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Break Box (x-box)

Massive Lump of High Purchase Cost and Delays (PS)

Lunchbox (Wii)

Anyway ^this^ is how I feel about this gen and I have little to no hope for the next one so they might as well name them for their strengths and be honest. Perhaps Apple will come into the market and join the misery though, that'll be a real kicker...

so uncreative, Nintendo Fusion = casual and core merge?

Playstation Solar = new controls, birth of a new system also PSS is catchy

Xbox (kill this) X Axis = as in X,Y and Z axis, new controls, flexibilty in multimedia etc

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Nintendo = Super Nintendo Wii system (SNW)

Sony = Playstation 4 Computer Entertainment System

MS= Xbox Multimedia Entertainment System (XMES)