By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Go buy Valkyria Chronicles NOW

Yeah, that's basically what i meant Vagabond... they deal with it in such a... nice way.

It's kinda nice to see that in the game Sexual prefrence makes as much difference as someone being allergic to pollen.

It's not ignored, or used soley for some kind of cheap joke, or overdone in some stupid way.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Mirson said:
cool48 said:
Doesn't come out until the 13th in Canada.

I was really looking forward to Socom and that nice headset, I'm still not convinced I should buy this instead. And I'm not the biggest RPG fan either.

SOCOM can wait unless you really need a headset. There are still a few problems with the game. Valkyria Chronicles is better than MGS4 and LBP put together.

No you just didn't!

My brother, believe. This game is absolutely amazing. The cutscenes are beautiful to watch and rival MGS4 in that category. Each chapter gets better and better. The battles are totally different from each chapter. Different situation, placement, approaches, environment, etc. Alongside with mid-battle twists, they will keep you on the edge of your seat hoping nothing goes wrong. It never gets old. There are so many things you can do in the game. Upgrade each weapon, uniform, members, etc.

The story is definitely better than MGS4 along with the characters. The presentation of the story is incredible, and it flows pretty nicely from chapter to chapter. Each of the characters are filled with personality, and they will touch your heart. Caring for them and hoping your enemy doesn't take them away. Music is very great. Personally, I enjoyed this and Resistance 2 more than MGS4 and LBP. It is truly a great time being a PS3 owner. Blu-ray, HDMI, VOD, free online, internet browser, Wi-fi, etc.

Mirson said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Mirson said:
cool48 said:
Doesn't come out until the 13th in Canada.

I was really looking forward to Socom and that nice headset, I'm still not convinced I should buy this instead. And I'm not the biggest RPG fan either.

SOCOM can wait unless you really need a headset. There are still a few problems with the game. Valkyria Chronicles is better than MGS4 and LBP put together.

No you just didn't!

My brother, believe. This game is absolutely amazing. The cutscenes are beautiful to watch and rival MGS4 in that category. Each chapter gets better and better. The battles are totally different from each chapter. Different situation, placement, approaches, environment, etc. Alongside with mid-battle twists, they will keep you on the edge of your seat hoping nothing goes wrong. It never gets old. There are so many things you can do in the game. Upgrade each weapon, uniform, members, etc.

The story is definitely better than MGS4 along with the characters. The presentation of the story is incredible, and it flows pretty nicely from chapter to chapter. Each of the characters are filled with personality, and they will touch your heart. Caring for them and hoping your enemy doesn't take them away. Music is very great. Personally, I enjoyed this and Resistance 2 more than MGS4 and LBP. It is truly a great time being a PS3 owner. Blu-ray, HDMI, VOD, free online, internet browser, Wi-fi, etc.

It's definitly my favorite game of the generation... so far... I'll have to see how it ages because it was some real stiff competion with MLB Power Pros. (and i usually hate sports games.)

I imagine it will be though.

Oh, I'm at Chapter 7 now. I'm kinda scared to fight Selvaria.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

You know this thread is like waving a canteen in front of a man dying of thirst, right. It STILL hasn't shown up at my store. I'm dying here.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Around the Network

I want to but I'm not an RPG fan at all. I'm still not sure what I should do.

Tailgunner said:
You know this thread is like waving a canteen in front of a man dying of thirst, right. It STILL hasn't shown up at my store. I'm dying here.

Where? Most places have it by now.

The paperwork I signed upon joining the company prevents me from mentioning it online. It is in Canada and it rhymes with 'EC'. Really bugging me. I had a friend who works at HMV call me to gloat when they got it in last week.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

This is definitely on my list. I'll have to get it after I beat all the games I bought.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Tailgunner said:
The paperwork I signed upon joining the company prevents me from mentioning it online. It is in Canada and it rhymes with 'EC'. Really bugging me. I had a friend who works at HMV call me to gloat when they got it in last week.

Seriously?! You'd think that stores would like free promotion.