By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Go buy Valkyria Chronicles NOW

dbot said:
BiolithT said:

Does North America version of this game have original Japanese dialogue support?

If it does, I am thinking to pick this one up after seeing so many great reviews about this game.

Why is this important?  Valkyria Chronicles will be my first RPG of any type.  This question has come up on the thread several times.  Should I enable this feature?

Historically, the english translation of JRPG's is pretty poor so alot of people like to have the original Japanese dialogue. Ive stuck with the english and its been fine.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
That's some biggest forum generated hype for a game which has wirtually zero marketing push from developer (not counting big banner at Eurogamer :) ) I have seen.

Psh. This thread is nothing. Check out the 15 page official Valkyria Chronicles thread.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

makingmusic476 said:
It sure does. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm about to leave my house to go grab the game. :)

My roommate already bought the game and I bogarted his PS3 all day Sunday. It is nice to play a REAL Sega game again. One of my friends from Norway is having a hard time finding it, so I ordered it from Amazon and I will be shipping it to him as soon as I get it.

dbot said:
BiolithT said:

Does North America version of this game have original Japanese dialogue support?

If it does, I am thinking to pick this one up after seeing so many great reviews about this game.

Why is this important?  Valkyria Chronicles will be my first RPG of any type.  This question has come up on the thread several times.  Should I enable this feature?

Can't speak for others, but the reason why I care?  Because I'm Japanese. :)

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Zlejedi said:
That's some biggest forum generated hype for a game which has wirtually zero marketing push from developer (not counting big banner at Eurogamer :) ) I have seen.

Psh. This thread is nothing. Check out the 15 page official Valkyria Chronicles thread.

I know I'm following all info on VC since March or April :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Damn, sounds like a must have, the list of games I need to purchase once the PS3 is in the house sometime next year will be a tad longer than I thought...
How's the voiceacting btw?

Mummelmann said:
Damn, sounds like a must have, the list of games I need to purchase once the PS3 is in the house sometime next year will be a tad longer than I thought...

The voice acting isn't bad but it isn't great. Each voice is tailored to his or her (or shim's) personality.

@ Biolith

I see. Are you a Japanese living in America or Europe? It came out in April in Japan.

Mummelmann said:

In the japanese version there are some well known Seiyuu and they do a pretty good job...

Maximilian's voice actor Fukuyama Jun ( Ayasegawa Yumichika - Bleach, Tsubaki Issei - Full Metal Panick, Lelouche Lamperouge - Code Geass)

Alicia is played by Inoue Marina (Kanmuri Shigeru - Yakitate !! Japan, Cosette - Le portrait de la petite Cosette, Yoko - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) 

Isara is the great Kuwashima Houko (Clare - Claymore, Kagura - Azumanga Daioh, Sango - Inuyasha, Going Merry - One Piece, Maron Kusakabe/Kaitou Jeanne, Divine Wind Thief Jeanne, etc.)

Rosie is played by Toyoguchi Megumi (Winry Rockbell - Full Metal Alchemist, Mimiru - .Hack//.... , )

Selvaria could only be played by Ohara Sayaka (Erza Vieil - Vandread, Kaede Misumi - Please Teacher, Laila Hamilton - Kaleido Star, Rika Harada - Honey & Clover)

Zaka is Kazuya Nakai (Mugen - Samurai Champloo, Kanzo Mogi - Death Note, Zoro - One Piece)

You know, I haven't seen Zaka yet.