By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is their a point buying a 360 if you have a good PC?

"you have to wait a little" yeah a little. Halo3 is 13 months old right now and are you still waiting for the PC-version?

If I really want a game, I will buy it. I won't wait a year or even longer to buy it. Timed exclusives work, check Bioshock or Rockband2.

If your sister likes the casual games like Scene it, Lips, you are in the movies, the PC won't help at all.

If she likes games like Halo3, Gears of War2, Fable, the PC won't help.

If she likes Banjo or Viva Pinata, the PC won't help.

If she likes JRPGs like Tales of Vesperia, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey or Star Ocean, the PC won't help.

If she likes Racing games like PGR4 or Forza Motosports2, the PC won't help.

If she likes Arcade games like Braid, Castle Crashers or uno (playing it from a couch with Headset and camera) the PC won't help that much.

In a word: The Xbox360 has a good lineup of established exclusives that won't be released on the PC. Don't listen to those haters saying, every Xbox game will be released on the PC as well. And the NXE might be perfect for your sister.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

"you have to wait a little" yeah a little. Halo3 is 13 months old right now and are you still waiting for the PC-version?

If I really want a game, I will buy it. I won't wait a year or even longer to buy it. Timed exclusives work, check Bioshock or Rockband2.

If your sister likes the casual games like Scene it, Lips, you are in the movies, the PC won't help at all.

If she likes games like Halo3, Gears of War2, Fable, the PC won't help.

If she likes Banjo or Viva Pinata, the PC won't help.

If she likes JRPGs like Tales of Vesperia, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey or Star Ocean, the PC won't help.

If she likes Racing games like PGR4 or Forza Motosports2, the PC won't help.

If she likes Arcade games like Braid, Castle Crashers or uno (playing it from a couch with Headset and camera) the PC won't help that much.

In a word: The Xbox360 has a good lineup of established exclusives that won't be released on the PC. Don't listen to those haters saying, every Xbox game will be released on the PC as well. And the NXE might be perfect for your sister.

And you can play everyone of those games with the purchase of a $200 machine.

^ Viva Pinata is on the PC,

The 360 is a good investment. The PC is also very useful but it wont get Microsofts most important console exclusives. Theres a reason MS didn't throw PC a bone with Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2 and more. Last year with the non exclusivity Microsoft made a big mistake and now they are covering their tracks.

@OP

If you want the games played in the living room, why not?

Although you could set up a PC with an HDTV, the PC isn't *usually* the centerpiece of a living room. Get a console for that. A PC isn't a complete replacement of any console, no matter how powerful it is.

PCs are "do all you can" machines. Consoles, on the other hand, are easy to pick up and play (a quick play of Soul Calibur for instance).

Besides, you don't want to interrupt your sister's IM session when you drop by and want to play Gears or Halo or something.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:

I going to go buy a 360 for my sister but i found out she a got a good gaming pc and a ps3. And alot if 360 games that not on ps3 is for the PC is their a point buying a 360?

seeing as how she already has a PC and a HD console, have you considered getting her a Wii instead?

The games on PS360 are getting more similar by the day it seems. If she had a Wii that might provide a bit more variety?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I think what she really needs is a good pair of shoes and a soccer ball to get her to go outside if she needs that many gaming consoles.

Tease.

Braid is such an amazing game...

I'm not sure about what games are exclusive to the 360 and not on the PC, but a different factor is whether or not you have friends who play on Xbox Live, and whether you'd want to play on it.

Gears 2 alone would be worth paying £300 for a 360. So yes.

thejuicingamer said:
Stan85 said:
thejuicingamer said:
Nope all 360 exclusives end up on PC anyway

Sure,I just finish Forza 2 on my Pc right now. I`m installing Halo 3 tomorrow,hope i have hdd space. I just love the Lan parties in Gears 2 on my pc,great stuff. Fable 2 is a great rpg,looks great on my gaming Pc. Lost Odyssey takes about 20 gb on my Pc,love it. Ninja Gaiden Black and NG2 are great action games,the keyboard really helps me a lot and is resource friendly with my Pc. Conker live and reloaded and Banjo 3 are fun games,every Pc player should buy those for the Pc. Star Ocean 4? Neah,too little hdd space to install it. Sorry. Tales of Vesperia? Same problem,need a bigger hdd on my Pc.

Now,was that really necesary? Really,was it? After all those 3`rd parties the ps3 lost,you are well aware that MGS4 will be on the 360 next year,right? The 1 year exclusive contract will expire and the sales of the game will double. Deny it,get mad,say it isn`t so,but i will buy it when it comes for the 360,so stop talking about things you don`t know.

yea you're right it will hit 360 in the future, enjoy

Couldnt care less. I have Gears 2.