By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is their a point buying a 360 if you have a good PC?

All depends on the games she'd be interested in playing on it.

If she doesn't already have one, my guess would be she's not exactly a hardcore Halo/Gears of War fan.

It's not a bad idea to have one for RPGs, with Fable 2 and a bunch of JRPGs currently available. If not... well, they're only $200. She could always buy a 60GB net pack for $100 later if she's interested in using it for a lot of online downloads and such.

Then there's the whole issue of whether she wants to be tied to a subscription service with XBL. If not, then it probably won't be seeing a terrible amount of use except for when she picks up a new game.

It's still easier and more convenient to use than a PC for gaming though. I don't know how tech savvy your sister is if that's an issue.

A lot of the DRM issues with PC games have made me weary about buying any games through retail rather than on Steam. These days, if I know a game has DRM/net activation/limited installs, I won't bother buying a retail copy. Too much hassle.

Around the Network

Nope all 360 exclusives end up on PC anyway

depends on games because most are ported anyway

The X360 have exclusiv games? Oh, Fable 2, right!

Just going to miss a few high profile xbox exclusive games like Halo, Gears and Fable. PC also has their own exclusive games too and I bet a whole lot more + many other xbox games. Just stick with PC to stop wasting money.

Around the Network

A 360 would be a great addition for anyone. I personally didn't get one due to reliability issues, but if that isnt a problem in your eyes, the 360 has some of the best games this gen. The 360 exclusives tend to come out on PC albeit sometime later, so that may influence your decision also.

If she has a gaming pc and a ps3 then there is no need to buy 360. Well, lost odyssey and some other jrpg:s could be a reason but yeah.. not really. :)

Yes, there is a point to purchase a 360 even if you own a PC and a PS3. The aforementioned RPGs (Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, Fable II, and the upcoming Star Ocean IV); you also have Halo 3 and the upcoming Halo Wars and Halo 3: Recon; you also have high-quality exclusives such as Ninja Gaiden 2, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Gears of War 2, Crackdown, the Viva Pinata series, and many others. As any disinterested person can attest, there are plenty of reasons to purchase a 360.

Personally, since I upgraded to a decent gaming PC my 360 has only been used pretty much to play Fable 2. It's nice getting a graphically superior version for $10 less.

But if she wants the ability to play every exclusive ever than yes a 360 would be useful.

thejuicingamer said:
Nope all 360 exclusives end up on PC anyway

Sure,I just finish Forza 2 on my Pc right now. I`m installing Halo 3 tomorrow,hope i have hdd space. I just love the Lan parties in Gears 2 on my pc,great stuff. Fable 2 is a great rpg,looks great on my gaming Pc. Lost Odyssey takes about 20 gb on my Pc,love it. Ninja Gaiden Black and NG2 are great action games,the keyboard really helps me a lot and is resource friendly with my Pc. Conker live and reloaded and Banjo 3 are fun games,every Pc player should buy those for the Pc. Star Ocean 4? Neah,too little hdd space to install it. Sorry. Tales of Vesperia? Same problem,need a bigger hdd on my Pc.

Now,was that really necesary? Really,was it? After all those 3`rd parties the ps3 lost,you are well aware that MGS4 will be on the 360 next year,right? The 1 year exclusive contract will expire and the sales of the game will double. Deny it,get mad,say it isn`t so,but i will buy it when it comes for the 360,so stop talking about things you don`t know.