By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is their a point buying a 360 if you have a good PC?

I going to go buy a 360 for my sister but i found out she a got a good gaming pc and a ps3. And alot if 360 games that not on ps3 is for the PC is their a point buying a 360?

Around the Network

I upgraded my PC in lieu of buying a 360, and I'm doing alright so far. The only 360 game I really miss is Dead Rising.

That said, does she like JRPGs? Those aren't being ported over, so if she likes those it's worth getting a 360. And does she not have the patience to wait for the PC port? If not, there's another good reason. Some PC games are also starting to get DRM installed in them; if she hates that, but still wants to play the games, the 360's the way to go. I'm sure other folks will come up with other reasons, too.

Well, the X360 does have some very nice exclusives and a cool online community that you would be giving her access to.

But seeing as though she has a PC and PS3, maybe just buy her some nice games instead.

There really is no point at all, most games make it to PC now for example The Last Remnant releases on PC as well as 360. Then there is Fable 2 and GeOW 2, both devs said it would not release on PC but anyone with a brain knows it will and the devs simply said that to maximise 360 sales for said games.

Don't listen to desperate fanboys like Reject; wishful thinking isn't going to bring Fable 2 and GoW2  to the PC.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network

Also, it's funny. Remember all the reassurance going around a while back, saying that Halo 3 will eventually release on pc ? What happened there?

Same thing with Halo: Recon, it's not going to happen. Get over it.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

The PS3 shares more top games with the PC than the 360 does currently.

With a 360 you get access to Xbox Live - Braid, Castle Crashers, etc.

If she likes games like Fable, Gears of War, Halo then it might be justified.

Tease.

The 360 isn't a very good investment if she already has a good gaming PC, I'd buy her some games instead. BTW, what's your definition of a good PC?

If you are ok to wait 2 years for the PC ports to come out, you should be fine.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Depends,If your sister will be using XBL,Thats the real only thing i can see why Xbox over PC.Games like Halo,Gears 2.