By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last Remnant or WKC- Biggest hardware seller in Japan

It really is PS3 vs 360 so with that of the two games, which do you believe will be the biggest hardware seller the coming weeks in Japan?

I am actually not sure about this one, TLR is multi-plat but releases on 360 first and WKC is PS3 only so with that I would expect WKC to sell better and move more systems. TLR is a SE title and the name itself sells huge numbers, just look how that turd on a disc aka Infinite Undiscovery sold in Japan. Then again slap on a "from the makers of DQ 8" in the WKC adverts and bang, instantly the game becomes a tremendous system seller.

TLR 300K LTD in Japan on 360 and WKC 500K TLD on PS3. 360 sells 50K the week TLR releases and PS3 50K when WKC releases is my estimation.

Around the Network

wkc, probably since its really the exclusive.

last renmant it's multiplatform.

Well TLR is a timed exclusive, it is as good as being an exclusive seeing how one year old ports sell.

definetely WKC

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

White Knight Chronicles will sell more, at least until The Last Remnant comes out on PS3 and PC...

Around the Network

TLR will sell 200k max in Japan (I predict around 150k), only one game has reached 200k on the 360. I think WKC will sell around 300-400k in Japan.

WKC has more hype than TLR so I think WKC is a safe bet

I'm sure TLR will sell more than 50k for its first week. Didn't Infinite sell 70kish...? But considering that WKC has a lot of hype going and will be released on the 25th, I convinced it'll be huge.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Im not sure if any Japanese are buying a PS3 for WKC, I think they are waiting for FF13. On the other hand TLR will probably do better being a SE game.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

yeah the hype is towards WKC