By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Big Boss: Resistance 2 sold about 1/4 of what Gears has sold in the week

As i was expecting R2 bombed.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=48364&start=50

Around the Network

Thats more than 500k.. in NA alone how is that a bomb? 0-0

mM

"Will wait for finalised numbers though."

And while 1/4 of the sales of Gears of War 2 is a disappointment, that's still a pretty decent number (considering how much Gears 2 sold). Competition wise, it's not very good. On its own, you could at least claim its a success.

here is a direct link

Anyway, 500k first week is pretty good especially as only in the US. That should mean 3-4m sold ww eventually

500k only in Us is good imo.

Around the Network

I agree with Montana, but seriously 500k in NA alone, is very impressive, considering R1 sold best in OTHERS.

R1's 1st week sales were 200k world wide, so this is very impressive for its sequal, just not good if you were to compare it to gears 2's massive sales.

mM

Well, if itwas like 500k thats really good, and I thik in the long run it may sell more than gears in EU

MontanaHatchet said:

"Will wait for finalised numbers though."

And while 1/4 of the sales of Gears of War 2 is a disappointment, that's still a pretty decent number (considering how much Gears 2 sold). Competition wise, it's not very good. On its own, you could at least claim its a success.

Its not like Gears of released on PS3 and to do the same numbers as new ip LBP is just pathetic.

It's good. Christmas is coming as well.

With that debut if it has similar legs than the first one it will have great sales.