By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 Tracking: ~3.0-3.5m first week projection

If MrStickBall is even CLOSE to correct, Microsoft is going to have a VERY profitable quarter.

Microsoft could clear $80 million revenue (their share of the game's retail price) this side of Christmas alone.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I expected betwen 3.5 and 4 millions sales in the first week, maybe i am right on this one.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Shura said:
I expected betwen 3.5 and 4 millions sales in the first week, maybe i am right on this one.

It's only tracked for 2 days, so those numbers seem impossible.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'm with Zen, its crazy enough to say it will reach 2.5 million to 3.5 million in one week with only 2 days in that week. I'm glad someone has their eyes open to reality. Maybe 2nd week guys. No chance for first week. Sorry.

I'll say it will reach 1.5 million for the first week if Gears is lucky.

I trust mrstickball's numbers. We'll wait and see.
He was right about fable, wasn't he?

Around the Network

Lightning doesn't strike twice you know. Just because someone was right once with the lottery numbers doesn't mean he will win the second time.

fayewong said:
Lightning doesn't strike twice you know. Just because someone was right once with the lottery numbers doesn't mean he will win the second time.

He has been right a few times actually, and that is a very stupid comparison. Mrstickball is using a prooven method not luck.

There is every chance he could be wrong, then again he used this method to judge Fable 2 numbers .... look at all the people who said it wouldn't break 1 mill first week.

we will see.

@ everyone

what's with the Play$tation fanboys today?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

MANUELF said:
I expect 2.5 million first week

I'm with MANUELF on this one

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

2.5 million seems fair.
Then 3.5 million easily in It's first two weeks.

O RLY? YES RLY!

It's just that simple.