By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 Tracking: ~3.0-3.5m first week projection

Gears of War 2 will not be a hardware seller. People who already own X360 will buy Gears of War 2.
Gears of War 2 is likely to sell 3 million in its first week then 1 million in its second week.

Around the Network

Simply amazing. And the game is giving me goosebumps indeed.

I will say

3.2m
1.2m

for a 5.25m First month... although Black Friday falls in week 3 or 4? so that could boost it a couple hundred k...

Hmm, this is what I kinda expected. I know that Gears is a mainstream monster and everybody is gonna get it. I expected it to do like 3mil atleast first week.

2.5 Million was my original prediction.....m gunna stick to it!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I expect it to be the #2 seller of the year...outside of wii games ofcourse....7-8 million LTD, if not more!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

1.5mill

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I'll still stick with my 2-2.5 million first week prediction. It's hard to imagine too many games going over 3 million in week 1 especially with only 2 days of tracking.

Kick !@##@@! Sales for sure, I thought maybe 2 mil. Gears is a MONSTER!

1.750mil

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.