By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Today Show Warns Consumers To Stay Away From Xbox 360

llewdebkram said:
If Xbox360 had some games I actually wanted to play I'd still buy one because it's not that expensive has a 3 year guarantee and has some better features than the Wii my first choice console.

Speaking of the guarantee, does anybody think that Microsoft will further expand that 3 year warranty to include any DVD issues because of those lawsuits and other complaints such as that one TV show's investigation on disk scratching? 

Around the Network

I am starting to think that the Gamestop guy (who I thought was crazy) is right.

He thought that the 360 was just a write-off for MS.

(I don't really think he was right, but they are making a lot of mistakes)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

OK so in that video it was said that Nintendo is increasing Wii production. to 2.5 million, a month, does anyone have a source to back this up.

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Legend11 said:
Their "tech guru" made some pretty idiotic statements like: "the PS3 is a much stronger machine than the Xbox 360" and the Wii's strong "technological prowess" so it's impossible to take him seriously but he's right in that the 360 does have hardware problems.

impossible for us to take him seriously, yes, but the general public believes that a "tech guru" should know his shiznit.  

sqrl said:

"There is more to it than that...where are a lot of people going to set the console up at first? Right on the living room floor on the CARPET, where it is going to get nice and toasty. Excitment to set it up and play is going to kill some consoles this X-mas, and most of them will send it back and have to wait weeks to play their games. The impact to sales won't be until after X-mas when/if the stories hit the news/media. "

yeah there was a guy(on here i think) that uploaded a bunch of pics of his new 360, was VERY excited about it, understandably, and it was sitting on the carpet. immediately everyone here was yelling at him to get it off the ground. LOL, it was pretty funny, there were at least 15 msgs in a couple secs.

ah, the PS3 gets a lifeline. you've gotta be good to be fortunate though! the 360 apparently is an abysmal piece of hardware. just like the software they make.

now that the 360 is definitely a problem hardware, paying a $100 premium on a better quality box doesn't seem so bad anymore, not to mention you do get blu-ray and other stuff, so let's say it's no more than $50 premium for reliability. i won't be getting either one anyway, but i'm saying that if i were to get one, a $50-$100 premium is totally worth avoiding the pain and hassle.

ciao, 360. we've barely known you.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

its just a shame it took microsoft 18 months of melty insides to finally start making hardware changes.

All of my friends 360's officially broke, they all bought them in 06 holiddays. Takes 7 months for a 360 to break.

mM

They were really rushing that guy through everything. I kinda just wished the other guy would stop asking question and let the man talk. He was actually giving a pretty decent rundown for those that didn't know anything.

leo-j said:
All of my friends 360's officially broke, they all bought them in 06 holiddays. Takes 7 months for a 360 to break.

lol is the 7 months the officlai limit on a 360 life ??

20 months on the market + 10 million units + 33% failure rate = just under 14 months average life span per console

Still pretty crappy methinks.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.