By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pal Charts, Week 45: The battle of the titans - Gears 2 vs. LittleBigPlanet

WTF!! SMG re-enter in Netherlands!!!

Around the Network

Motorstorm pacific rift was released in France during the week 44, so the week before this one.

And always in France Guitar hero world tour must be released the 21th of november, so during the week 47.

I think there must have been a major movement of Wiis in the netherlands.... MK #1, Smg back in chart, WiiFit is just supply I would guess...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I guess there is little doubt which game will sell most this week. But as LBP is the most hyped PS3 game since MGS4 I decieded to put it in the title along Gears.

Also we're focustig on Europe here and we can expect Gears and LBP numbers to be much closer than in America. So yeah, LBP will be lower but I wouldn't use word "crushed".

So far Gears 2 debuted on 3rd place in X360 only chart in Netherlands and Motorstorm: PR on 10th in PS3 only chart. Of course it's no indication of succes for those games but I think it may interest some.

Xen said:
@epinefridis:

* - note that Netherlands chart is closed earlier than other European charts and becouse of it it's often not a good indicator of success for debuting games."

We're better off with the German, French, and British charts.

But many games also get released on Friday in The Netherlands, which means games can only chart if the streetdate is broken. If I'm not mistaken LBP was released somewhere during the week.

MANUELF said:
WTF!! SMG re-enter in Netherlands!!!

I did see some commercials for the game recently, so maybe that caused some new interest for the game.

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
Yay, Super Mario Galaxy back in the top 10. (Netherlands)

My prediction of it re-passing Brawl will come true!

Other than that, MKWii has no change of beating LBP in Others this week. You can expect ~ 100K for Mario Kart Wii, and LBP should definately beat that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Sorry, but it is Gears2 vs Res2 again.
LBP is in another category and has no competition on 360 side ... errr ... or maybe not. Banjo 3?

Haha I know its circumstantial but jsut funny to see battle of the titans on those 2 games and the top dog in Netherlands is Mk Wii haha.

Gears of War 2 sales will be amazing and btw Naruto demo was so awesome

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Well it will be interesting to see how well both does.