By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Littlebigplanet Week 1 sales and discussion

^ yeah, that's what i thought. But since i saw another thread claiming the 1 million first week.... here we go again.

Around the Network

So 400K is WW Lifetime.....or Na Lifetime?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

So far, 400k first week in NA only, it will easy reach 1 mln. by the end of the year. Maybe NPD sales will be even higher. =)
Same will be for Europe.
And with Japan it will easy reach between 2-3 mln. by the end of this year. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

darthdevidem01 said:
So 400K is WW Lifetime.....or Na Lifetime?

NA Lifetime.

400K thus far is not bad at all. If week 0 sales were mainly pre-order which I am pretty certain they were those sales would have been made this week anyways right?

400K first week pretty much for a new IP is great.

Sad to those who will end up thinking it did poorly. 450K or so with Japan factored in. If Europe does similar we end up with 800K first full week. Not bad at all.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
matt247 said:
Nintendo games are the only games that have huge legs, this will have small legs like sackboy

wait what?

gran turismo, monster hunter, GTA4, FF, KH1, MGS, ETC etc will would to have a word with you.

it will be around 600k-800k first week thats great.

EDIT: btw i think ps3 slightly it undertracked. i find it hard LBP failed to do a small bump.

i guess not having  NA bundled didn't helped. and it sold almost 100% to base users, something impossible serious.

^Sackboy does indeed have small legs but my god, he can sure as hell run for a long time with those stubs. If my game remains idle he can run for hours at a time.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!