By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Littlebigplanet Week 1 sales and discussion

Well comparing any game to a Mario game has to be one of the most unfair things ever haha. Let alone then Mario kart and Halo haha.

When they say it'll be huge they don't define it meaning they dont' even know what it is. They'll probably only say what the huge number is when it hits a certain thing.

Personally I think this game can go 5x platinum but it's going to take a while. 2 million at best I think by the end of the year which is pretty good for a new property.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
LBP will sell 7-10 mln. LTD.

New IP just needs more time.

HAHA.....................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LBP getting GT numbers where GeOW and FF cant even do it, your a funny guy.

CrazzyMan said:

No.

I think I will wait for 1st week US numbers (should be soon), and first week EU numbers (next week) before I make any assumptions on sales.

Nobody expected Mario Kart or Halo sales first week. 

I assume people were referring to LBPs lifetime sales and ability to sell PS3s to casual gamers who did not own a PS3 as of yet.  You will have to wait through the holidays to see if it was HUGE or not so huge.

Smashed said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Well so far....week 1, not impressive. Not impressive at all. Especially with the over hype, the huge advertisement, the "OMG LBP will be huge," BEST game of all time...million seller first week, 10 million, and has a shot to 20 million (lol) at the end of its cycle.... etc etc. and once more, being the so long awaited savior for the ps3.

My question is....how is it gonna be with America??? The first week [so called week 0] of sales will be added to the sales of the second week [week 1 for some people] to get the "official" first week sales????

Seriously, this game wont be even close as huge as so many people predicted (wished). Sorry

This game will have bigger legs than you have ever imagined.

Mmmmm.... i guess we'll see. Only time will tell. But like i said before,  people keep on getting their expectations just too high. Putting the game in the highest pedestal there is. As I said before, not impressed by LBP so far. Let's see what happens with Europe and the 2nd american week. Just.... don't expect 7-10 million LTD as many people are

Around the Network

Well the question is about potential PS3 audience in the future, LBP is certainly a game that could capture some new gamers to the PS3 but the price of the console and lack of offering for the casuals makes me believe that not that many people out the will like this title.

Especially when there is the Wii with countless casual titles, that also offers great platforming: SMG, De Blob, Wario Land, Boom Blox to name a few.

Not all PS3 owners in others will like this game, PS3 is strong in this region, yet many gamers with this system are only interested in those big bad mature PS3 games, my friends with PS3 have GTA IV, MGS yet they havent heard of the LBP. I know that anecdotal evidence means nothing, but those friends fit the pattern of main group of PS3 users.

Install base of the Playstation 3 will make it impossible for a game like LBP to pull of numbers of Halo or Galaxy. I think LBP will be Successful without a doubt, but people overestimate it's legs (it wont have Nintendo type of legs) and i see it selling 3 milion copies LTD. It cant go over MGS4 or GTA IV numbers.

CrazzyMan said:

Oh dear :(

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Maynard_Tool said:
Smashed said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Well so far....week 1, not impressive. Not impressive at all. Especially with the over hype, the huge advertisement, the "OMG LBP will be huge," BEST game of all time...million seller first week, 10 million, and has a shot to 20 million (lol) at the end of its cycle.... etc etc. and once more, being the so long awaited savior for the ps3.

My question is....how is it gonna be with America??? The first week [so called week 0] of sales will be added to the sales of the second week [week 1 for some people] to get the "official" first week sales????

Seriously, this game wont be even close as huge as so many people predicted (wished). Sorry

This game will have bigger legs than you have ever imagined.

Mmmmm.... i guess we'll see. Only time will tell. But like i said before,  people keep on getting their expectations just too high. Putting the game in the highest pedestal there is. As I said before, not impressed by LBP so far. Let's see what happens with Europe and the 2nd american week. Just.... don't expect 7-10 million LTD as Crazzyman is.

Sorry had to fix that.  Most posters are nowhere near ten million, and I've never heard 20.  The most outlandish has been probably five million, which most people seem to think it won't hit, and have settled around 2.5-3 mil.  I think 3-5 mil, but that's just me.

10 mil?

Say 5 in NA, and 5 in EU?

That's more than what most of the established franchises sell in those territories...

More than God of War, more than Gears of War, more than Madden, more than Kingdom Hearts, more than Final Fantasy...

DMeisterJ said:
CrazzyMan said:

No.

YES.

Time will show.

LBP will have GREAT legs. It easy will reach 2-3 mln. by the end of this year. =) 

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far