By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The official President Obama thread

Ickalanda said:

Same as how the Democratic party was finished after Jimmy Carter?  Back when Ronald Reagan won nearly every single state and George H.W. Bush had a similar landslide victory and would have had over Bill Clinton if it wasn't for Ross Perot?

No party as big as these is ever finished, more than 56,000,000 people voted for John McCain, you can't make that disapear.  And once people realize that Obama being president won't affect their lives as much as they thought I highly doubt Obama will be reelected.  And his redistribution of wealth policies will hurt people really bad and goes against everything this country stands for.

The Democratic party was finished after McGovern. Carter was an aberration. It's no coincidence that the only Democrats elected as POTUS since McGovern were Governors from the South.

But seriously, do you have any example of what you're talking about there in that last sentence you wrote? What specifically are these policies and how do they go against what this country stands for? Or is this just some talking point you picked up from talk radio?

Around the Network

This was also a contentious race with no incumbant president, with a huge swing in congression control 2 election cycles in a row. If they lose more congressional control in 2010, they will be in more a more dire situation than any party has ever been in the last 100 years.

Tell the Federalists that "big parties like this don't disappear"

If there is a successful democratic congress, republicans are in for a bumpy road, and will HAVE to remake themselves (like the democrats did, and the republicans did before them) in order to stay relavant.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Can we just ignore Ickalanda? He's just about one off the only posters who wants to continue this unnecessary bickering, and it should have ended with an Obama victory. Other conservative posters have calmed down, so why do we have to hear this annoying crap?

akuma587 said:
madskillz said:
akuma587 said:
Jesse Jackson is the underbelly of the black rights movement.

He's a fairweather pol. I think MLK was awesome - and mad respect for Medgar Evers, Rosa Parks, John Lewis and others who fought and died for our right to vote. Jesse was there at the right time. To be a leader, he should have should leadership and not bashed Obama, and definitely shouldn't have said any derogatory about him.

Obama will acknowledge him for his past efforts, but he has no role in his admin. Mark my words - he may allow him to do a few things, but that is out of appearance only. They aren't the best of friends.

I am shocked - I rarely disagree with my dog Akuma.

Its cool, and I probably mispoke a little. I'll say that NOW Jesse Jackson is the underbelly of the black rights movement. In the past he wasn't so bad. But he makes black people look pretty damn crazy these days. Obama may not be more representative of the average black person than Jesse, but at least you don't have to keep him hidden from the public like your alcoholic relatives.

Man, it's all gravy. I think Puff Daddy, Bill Cosby (now) and Jesse Jackson don't speak for black folks. They are loons.

There are a few blacks I identify with - my dad, my grandfathers, my best man at my wedding - but most black celebs and pols? Nah. I do admire Colin Powell, Chappie James and a few others.

madskillz said:

Man, it's all gravy. I think Puff Daddy, Bill Cosby (now) and Jesse Jackson don't speak for black folks. They are loons.

There are a few blacks I identify with - my dad, my grandfathers, my best man at my wedding - but most black celebs and pols? Nah. I do admire Colin Powell, Chappie James and a few others.

So who's you're race leader now!

I believe my race leader is currently either George Takei or Keanu Reaves, depending on whether it's an odd or even day.

Around the Network

I wish I got to have a race leader. :(

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I wish I got to have a race leader. :(

dont be racist

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

fkusumot said:
madskillz said:

I believe my race leader is currently either George Takei or Keanu Reaves, depending on whether it's an odd or even day.

LOL. No, but I think blacks are so diverse we can't have just one voice. We have a few voices of reason - but hay, there are bad seeds all around in the black race - Ken Blackwell, Clarence Thomas, Alan Keyes, Jeremiah Wright, Bill Cosby and Jesse Jackson.

fkusumot said:
madskillz said:

I just reread your entry. Gimme Dale No. 3, FTW. RIP, Dale.

Wow. I was a little tired last night. >_>

But seriously, I cannot shake this feeling that Obama is the anti-christ. It's like a sixth sense that I have or something.