By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The official President Obama thread

Xyrax said:

HAHAHAH YES! GG America you did it!

Good God, I'm dying of laughter.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
steven787 said:
Plus, Jesse Jackson is crying... they can't stay mad when Jackson is crying.

If I see Jesse Jackson crying, I always hope it's because he lost a limb or something else terrible happened to him.

What a schmuck. He's a petty headline grabber whose time ended well over 20 years ago.

akuma587 said:
rocketpig said:
I eagerly await mid-March when we can start blaming Barack for all our problems.

I also eagerly await a Republican Congress in 2010.

Other than that, congrats to Barack.

That's how America rolls, right?

Pretty much. A lot of good things can come from this election.

One, we have a black president. Another ceiling has been broken.

Two, Obama will do a lot for foreign relations. That's never a bad thing.

Three, this country needed an anti-Bush. I think they got it.

Four, Obama ran as a centrist. Let's hope he keeps that up. The country needs someone in the middle.

Five, and most importantly, this could cause a real realignment of the Republican party, something that's been badly needed at the Presidential level since 1992.

Republicans REALLY need to be worried. A Successful 1st 2 years by this new administration (which will probably happen) will see more seats in the senate and house go democratic, and the Republican party will be over. They need to remake themselves or fall in to obsolescence.

In 15 or 20 years, after all the anti-democratic actions by the Bush administration have been repaired and our global standings are back where they should be, I think democrats will look back at the Bush administration as one of the best things that has happened for the democratic party. They now need to really show progress and they could control this Country for a long time.

A new generation is taking control of the country, it seems the republicans were the last to find out.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
CrashMan said:
Republicans REALLY need to be worried. A Successful 1st 2 years by this new administration (which will probably happen) will see more seats in the senate and house go democratic, and the Republican party will be over. They need to remake themselves or fall in to obsolescence.

Unlikely. America likes its gridlocks. Always has, always will.

Expect a Republican Congress by 2012 at the latest. Things may improve, but they won't improve that much.

Around the Network
xlost7 said:
This election was touching to me also. Just seeing Biden and Obama come together after Obama speech was awesome. Seeing as how their was so much racist talk going on between the two.

Wuh?  There was racist talk between Obama and Biden...?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
xlost7 said:
This election was touching to me also. Just seeing Biden and Obama come together after Obama speech was awesome. Seeing as how their was so much racist talk going on between the two.

Wuh?  There was racist talk between Obama and Biden...?

I didn't mean that, it's just a ironic seeing Biden and Obama both together (caucasian and african american). I mean there is still some prestigious people out there. They should see Biden and Obama.

rocketpig said:
Xyrax said:

HAHAHAH YES! GG America you did it!

Good God, I'm dying of laughter.

Still laughing at this.

CHOCOLATE CITY! YES!

I'm mad that its still "too close to call" in NC. I mean come on, they have been counting votes for damn 15+ hours. Turn blue already damn!

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.