By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The official President Obama thread

bardicverse said:
Xyrax said:

HAHAHAH YES! GG America you did it!

.... and this is exactly why I didnt vote for Obama OR McCain. I am so sick of the following lines I've had slung at me:

"Vote for McCain, because Obama is black"

"Vote for Obama, or you're a racist"

So to everyone who played the race card in this election, kindly burn in hell.

I voted for one of the lesser known tickets, simply to protest against both sides, and no, I didn't vote for Nader.

"McCain used POW! It's not very effective..."

"Obama used Race Card! It's super effective!!"

"Maverick McCain fainted!"

"What? Obama is evolving!"

"Senator Obama evolved into President Obama!"

Congratulations USA! The world is expecting much of you now!

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

I'm very pleased with the results. I'm proud of my country for the first time in a while.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

akuma587 said:
Xyrax said:

HAHAHAH YES! GG America you did it!

WOW!  That's hillarious...

As much as I would have liked for McCain to win that pic is FTW! :) Talk about conflicting feelings, part of me is very sad that McCain lost the other part of me is like "WE FINALLY HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT MOTHA TRUCKAS"

http://spacecoyote.deviantart.com/art/OBAMA-102728168

Posting this as I did in the other thread because, dammit, it needs sharing whether you like Obama or not.

That is OKAMI appreciation, people.

Dang.

Now all he needs to do is announce he is gay and the humiliation of those small minded racists and bigots in the USA is complete!

Well done Obama.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
Username2324 said:

I never thought Americans would elect a terrorist for president... We're all doomed.

The campaign is over. Shit like that needs to stop. This is a democracy, the people have spoken. We should all give him a chance, if we think he begins to abuse his power we should speak out, and vote him out in 4 years. For now I really want him to be a great president, why? Because I love America and that is what we need.

Hrmm... I must give credit where credit is due.  Well stated bigjon, and I apologize if I have in the past implied that you were affiliated with Fox News.  I will do my best from this point onward to embrace the spirit of Obama's campaign and act with class.

America ++

Time for some unity and to give this man a chance, a man who soundly defeated the two most powerful political machines in the country - the Clinton Machine and the GOP.

he accually didnt win look at this video

yay, woo. He has big ears so he must be a good listener.

akuma587 said:
bardicverse said:
code.samurai said:

What the hell are you talking about? If you're in the minority race you'd root for your race to win too. There's pride involved there. It's plain and simple, really. You can't take that away from the collective subconscious, no matter how `logical' you construct your arguments to be. The fact of the matter is while character and integrity and all those fine concepts would be nice to idealize what should compose winning characteristics, people are mostly dominated by preprogrammed instincts and culturally ingrained programming. What is ideal only exists in mathematical equations.

If there's truth in your words, then the only thing I can hope for is total destruction of the world, for every single person deserves to die. When you cannot use logic to overcome pride, then there shall forever be hatred inside of you. If everyone is made of this same construct, then death to every human being is mandatory, as we've all been corrupted with hate.

Hey, I heard there are some guns and some religion for you to go cling to.

Guns are overrated, I prefer swords. You can torture a person for hours with the thousand cuts method. As for religion, well, we can discuss that in about 80 years, give or take, or 3 and a half. Whichever comes first. Tho, there may be sword involved, yet again.

I for one am proud to see Obama president of the U.S.

Personally I haven't really payed to much attention to this election, but when I would turn to CNN I would watch how Obama would really promise some things for this country. I wouldn't put all the blame on Bush for the financial crisis. But Bush did contribute to the wars that we shouldn't be in.

I had nothing against McCain, but what Obama did that was important he targeted the youth of the U.S. He really got this generation to vote. I had people I work with at the hospital pull me to side and ask me if I voted. She was rather up in age also. She was telling me it was wonderful and touching to see young people actually vote and put in effort this election.

This election was touching to me also. Just seeing Biden and Obama come together after Obama speech was awesome. Seeing as how their was so much racist talk going on between the two. I am proud to see both african american and caucasian in the seat and helping support this country.

Again what made this election what it is, was Obama did the right thing and bought the young people out and got us to vote.

I pray that he gives this country the lift we need. It will only get better or worse than it is right now. Either way people are going to point fingers at Obama. But he has my trust in putting this country in good hands. Everything he promises isn't going to happen over night. He will fix things it will take time. And to any Christian believers on this site. Jesus did say in the bible that God hears are prayers, he might not answer them when we want him to but he will get to us when the time is right. The same can be said to Obama. I'm not rushing him because he has my trust and I strongly believe he will lead this country in the right way.

Bruce