By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Command & Conquer 3 : Tiberum Wars coming to Wii ???

http://www.commandandconquer.com/ has a head line which reads,

08-08-7 Command & Conquer 3 : Tiberum Wars will be revolutionized.

CnC3 with wii mote controls should be amazing.

EA could trump ubisoft's Endwar if they implement the rts controls using the wiimote. 

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network

I guess i'll check back August 7th then...

Pretty cool, but i wonder how far the graphics will be lowered and the framrate too, but there have been C&C games on Nintendo consoles before so no real big news.

It's good news for the RTS genre, but the fact is, the X360 is getting all the RTS love, and not the Wii quite yet, as with the X360, you can just port the PC games with a new UI, whereas with the Wii, you have to scale it down.

But, it's good for gaming in general. Sim City DS, this, Civ: Revolutions is good news for Wii owners. Nevertheless, I'm still happy with World in Conflict, Endwar, C&C3, LOTR BFME2, and the others coming out on my system.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It'd be fantastic if the Wii started getting some RTS's. Genre would play great.

Around the Network

Kewl, but I should point out that a "360" is one complete turn (aka one revolution) =P so they could take it that way too.

To Each Man, Responsibility
mrstickball said:
It's good news for the RTS genre, but the fact is, the X360 is getting all the RTS love, and not the Wii quite yet, as with the X360, you can just port the PC games with a new UI, whereas with the Wii, you have to scale it down.

But, it's good for gaming in general. Sim City DS, this, Civ: Revolutions is good news for Wii owners. Nevertheless, I'm still happy with World in Conflict, Endwar, C&C3, LOTR BFME2, and the others coming out on my system.

I don't think this is confirmation though, is it? It's just an assumption because "revolutionized," the Wii was called "revolution," blah blah. It seems likely that this is what it means, but I'd wait until it's actually confirmed before talking in such certain terms. Maybe it's an expansion pack?

In general, though, I agree that the 360 has and will continue to have the best console-based RTS experience, for the precise reason you mentioned.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

PS3owner said:
Pretty cool, but i wonder how far the graphics will be lowered and the framrate too, but there have been C&C games on Nintendo consoles before so no real big news.

Yeah, but those games sucked. Hopefully, the game can still look decent and play as well as with mouse and keyboard.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

i'll believe this when i see it!

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

It could be cool...and I'm sure some great RTSs can be made on the Wii...I'll wait for the answer on this one though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )