By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Command & Conquer 3 : Tiberum Wars coming to Wii ???

PS3owner said:
Pretty cool, but i wonder how far the graphics will be lowered and the framrate too, but there have been C&C games on Nintendo consoles before so no real big news.

Like when? There have been like, ZERO - RTSs for the GC. Sure we got something for the N64 - but so what?

The Wii definitely needs an RTS or two. That would rock. 

The Wii easily has enough grunt to handle C&C3 - and it would awesome with the Wiimote. I can't see how the 360 version could compete. The only thing the 360 version would have going for it would be the higher resolution.

Could a DS version be a possibility?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
Fonzerelli said:

http://www.commandandconquer.com/ has a head line which reads,

08-08-7 Command & Conquer 3 : Tiberum Wars will be revolutionized.

CnC3 with wii mote controls should be amazing.

EA could trump ubisoft's Endwar if they implement the rts controls using the wiimote. 

A lot of people think it's actually an expansion pack that will be announced.

shams said:
PS3owner said:
Pretty cool, but i wonder how far the graphics will be lowered and the framrate too, but there have been C&C games on Nintendo consoles before so no real big news.

Like when? There have been like, ZERO - RTSs for the GC. Sure we got something for the N64 - but so what?

The Wii definitely needs an RTS or two. That would rock.

The Wii easily has enough grunt to handle C&C3 - and it would awesome with the Wiimote. I can't see how the 360 version could compete. The only thing the 360 version would have going for it would be the higher resolution.

Could a DS version be a possibility?

The higher resolution is actually a big deal here.

Strategy games are probably the only genre where a better resolution REALLY makes a big difference. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I played RTSes since Dune 2, I think they really should give you a mouse/keyboard on consoles to play these games. After microing in Starcraft 2, it's hard to imagine any other control scheme. Clicks often time need to have split second precision, and often time switching to your caster control group as fast as possible can turn tides.

I don't think they should port PC RTSes willy-nilly unto Consoles. Use some thought, reinvent it a bit. Don't give console users awkward versions.

C&C 3 uses a souped up C&C Generals engine. It should be relatively easy to port the game keeping the resolution @ 480p. I've played Generlas on my laptop with 256 MB system ram out of which 32 MB Ram was taken by the integrated Geforce 4 MX GPU and it worked dandy and the Wii CPU,GPU should have no problems with the game.
The Wii has 64 MB system Ram, 24 MB GPU Ram and 3MB on the frame buffer/texture memory.
On Mac the system requirements are
# 1GHz PowerPC G4 processor or higher
# 256MB of RAM
# 1.6GB hard disk space
# 32MB Video RAM (Radeon 7500 or GeForce2 MX or better)
If Command And Conquer 3 does well on the Wii, we can expect Battle For Middle Earth 1+2 or even Command And Conquer The First Decadeto hit the Wii.
Relic could bring on the Warhammer 40K games and might just squeeze in Company Of Heroes (one of the best RTS games out there).
Supreme Commander looks impossible.
Sierra could port Homeworld 1,2 and the Empire Earth games too.
And Atari could always try out ther Act Of War games on the Wii

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network

Did any of you actually check the link? It says nothing about it coming to Wii...

How did you even come up with the fact that it's going to Wii?

Edit: Yes, I'm saying the chances are very very low.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Revolution was the codeword for the Wii.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

This is a game I would like to try with Wii controls.
I enjoy the 360 version so typically I would not get the same game for another system, but this could be cool if done right.

If it exists... of course

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Meh, not big on console RTS games. Endwar sounds cool cause of voice commands though. Maybe I'll give it a try if it's real. Wiimote controls would at least be preferable to joysticks.

Fonzerelli said:

http://www.commandandconquer.com/ has a head line which reads,

CnC3 with wii mote controls should be amazing.

EA could trump ubisoft's Endwar if they implement the rts controls using the wiimote. 

What do you mean, revolutionized?!... Why do u immediately think about Wii controls?!...

I don't think you should jump to that conclusion to soon!... You're being WAY too optistic!...

I think... (And this ISN't a far guess) That this 'CnC Revolution' is gonna mean: Announcement for expansion... Along with a patch that will try to balance out the GDI/NOD/Aliens, this patch is also to include 3 new maps.

I believe thats it!... Nothing more, nothing less!... Just an expansion and a patch coming with the announcement. 

THE NETHERLANDS