By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left 4 Dead shouldn't be discounted as a AAA shooter(achievement spoilers)

Skeeuk said:
lol its one of them games where ps fans will want the game to be recived well, so Ea can go ahead with the planned port over to ps3 they are interested in.

L4D could turn out to be a good online shooter with ur buddies

come on dude, nobody mentioned the ps3...... this is like a trend with you.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

the game sounds epic

I own this game.

I only paid $27 U.S for it as well!

Gotta love the currency conversions.

Tease.

Pre ordered off steam :D and bah at those who don't expect this to be AAA shooter. I wonder the difficulty to kill the witch though. Anyone kno?

The Witch is pretty hard to kill haha. I decided to shoot her from maybe 100 feet away, since the Witch goes after the one who wakes and NO OTHER.

So I rained down the lead on her, and my three teammates shot her up and even got her in the face with a molotov cocktail. She quickly closed the 100 feet, and the burning witch knocked me to the ground in one hit, and proceeded to rip me apart.

I mean, DAMN. That was on expert difficulty though.

This game is AWESOME! Go pre-purchase it now!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

The inclusion of the zombie genocidest achievement is awesome.

I think this game just jumped ahead of Gears 2 on my purchase list.

you*

sensitive*

to*

to*

to*

to*

its*

its*

to*

upon*

to*

to*

due to*

upon*

to*

to*

Seriously.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Depends on what you're in the mood for (gears 2 vs. l4d).

I bought both although L4D through Steam was a pretty easy choice since I'm done buying downscaled console ports, even if it's "just for the achievement points."

After playing the L4D preview (reminds me of a refined Zombie Panic with a story behind it) I feel like playing Gears. Maybe the dozen TV spots I saw over the last two days had something to do with it. Too bad my copy's still in the mail.

The witch soaks up a lot of damage before going down, but the @#$! Boomer is by far the most annoying enemy. For some reason, it always seems to spit on ME whenever they show up.

Of course its a AAA shooter which is why I'm getting it haha. Zombie destruction here I come.

I've been playing the ever loving hell out of the demo on steam (you can download it now if you preordered). Just the first 1.5 maps of the first campaign is incredible. It's awesome how many times you can play it and still come away with a completely different experience each time.

As far as the witch:
She can be avoided. Don't shine your light on her, run past her, or shoot near her or you'll wake her up and she'll shred who ever is nearest to her. The hardest part is when she's right in the middle of a place you have to go through :-/ Damn witch.

The tank is definitely the toughest, especially on the hardest setting. He has something to the tune of 10,000 HPs.

As far as which version to get:
PC, no question, and here's why
1) People are already starting to dissect the Director, and you're seeing zombies pop up in counter strike maps now. In other words, the director does most of the work just by virtue of its nature. Imagine when people start making maps for this (and they're already starting to).

de_dust1 in L4D PC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SlXeiRH8VI

360 guys will get the original 20 maps, this game is going to have so many player made maps it'll be disgusting. Especially since most of the content legwork will be done for you (via the director).

2) Server settings, something that you can't do on consoles. It'll make for a lot of different ways to the play the game besides vanilla L4D, and again people are already messing with cvars in the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcJ9EeD3EJ8

Anyway, no comparison, especially for a game like this that will probably end up the most heavily modded and added to of all the source engine games.

And again I stress, Tanks and F right off >:(