By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ocarina of Time approaching its 10 year anniversary!

TLoZ: OoT, in my opinion the best game of all times, is nearing its 10th anniversary!

First released in November 21, 1998 the game is just 16 days away from turning 10 :D

So here's my question: Do you think Nintendo has anything planned to commemorate this special ocassion?

Possibilities are Nintendo announces OoT for the DS, Nintendo announces MM for the VC or the DS, Nintendo announces a DSWare or WiiWare Zelda title, Nintendo announces the New Zelda for the Wii, Nintendo just makes a party in commemoration or Nintendo does nothing at all and forgets about this MEGA special date.

IMO the best they could actually do is announce the new Zelda for Wii, since we haven't heard from anything Zelda related for more than a year now, and like in my Zelda releases related thread we can speculate. But I believe that nothing will happen, thoughts?

Sorry about that GIF being in Spanish :D

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Nintendo rarely, if ever, care about anniversaries at all, so I wouldn't count on it.

huh, and I always attributed it to being released in 97.. weird.

Hope they announce MM for the VC =D

Well I only read that Nintendo Power will have a special edition this month and they will talk with Eiji Anouma.

Dunno if Nintendo will do anything... I don't get my hopes up.

Around the Network

IMO Super Mario 64 was a better title but I recognize the value of the game. After all, it started the "lock-on-target" thing, which was a huge leap in gameplay.

haxxiy said:
IMO Super Mario 64 was a better title but I recognize the value of the game. After all, it started the "lock-on-target" thing, which was a huge leap in gameplay.

I just had to post that I agree. OoT was a gem, but I think later Zelda-games were better, and that Mario 64 was the true masterpiece of the 64/PSX-era.

Both SM64 and OoT were absolute gems, but IMO as I'm a Zelda fanboy, the crown goes to OoT.

Well, looksl ike we will have to wait 2 more weeks.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Nintendo better do something to commemorate the greatest game ever.
(>'.')>

I have a feeling Nintendo won't do anything. But MM for VC would be sweet.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."