By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 you tricked me, I hate you

Fallout 3 just a rental game?

Around the Network
numonex said:
I will now cross this game off my list of games to purchase.

I'm not sure I'd go that far.  I will pick this up... the point is just to be aware that the game does come to a fixed close if you follow the main storyline which has caught people unawares after Oblivion and others remaining open after 'the end'.

It just means you put the final mission off until you decide its time to close your character's story.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

This fallout felt a little more railroading going on. You could skip segments, but overall the main quest was pretty striaght forward. I'm still playing through my first time.

Fallout 1, felt more like you were doing your own thing until you found a lead on the water chip. So the railroading feeling wasn't really there. Though you could easily follow the exploration path the game set for you.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Do all the mini / bonus stages and play around with the game before completing the main story line.

Don't get me wrong, i really liked the game and am playing through again. I just made the mistake of saving in the final room before you make your choice, so I couldn't play anymore. I won't make that mistake this time. :)

I just didn't think the main story was long enough, considering you have to play through 2/3 of the short main story to get the power armor, and then you can't play after the end.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Around the Network

WAAAAH WHY DIDN'T I READ THIS BEFORE X_X. I had the same problem this morning.

I thought you could go back outside but then those stupid doors are all locked...

And ha I restarted the game aswell =p;

Okay just finished this game, did a google search to see how I can continue playing the game after finishing it I this thread was the top google result. I cannot believe you complete the game and that's the end. It is absolutely retarded.

There is a laser gun the Enclave guy had that looks like it packs some serious power and you can't even get to use it.

There are tons of things I still have to do but can't. Was it a mistake by the developers or did they really think it was a good idea that you finish the game and can't continue exploring the vast world? I think this is the dumbest thing I ever came across in video gaming.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Um....maybe I played too much of the game for my own good, but I spent hours and hours doing many things before I decided to "finish" the game.

The main story is at least 15 hours long, probably 20 hours...

Predictions: 2008/2009

Wii 42-45 M / 71-75M

X360 24-26M / 38-40M
PS3 20-21 M / 30-34M

tuoyo said:
Okay just finished this game, did a google search to see how I can continue playing the game after finishing it I this thread was the top google result. I cannot believe you complete the game and that's the end. It is absolutely retarded.

There is a laser gun the Enclave guy had that looks like it packs some serious power and you can't even get to use it.

There are tons of things I still have to do but can't. Was it a mistake by the developers or did they really think it was a good idea that you finish the game and can't continue exploring the vast world? I think this is the dumbest thing I ever came across in video gaming.

The vengeance?  Their are a ton of hidden weapons and weapons that you can make yourself:

In my second playtrough I already found 4 weapons that I missed the first time =p.   Fat man, Vengeance, Nuke cola launcher, mesotita thing (can't spell the name =p.).