By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and VgChartz

Will Nintendo make an annoucement once they have passed the 360 WW numbers? and Will the announcement coincide with Vgchartz estimates?

Its going to be a good test for VGchartz accuracy

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

no they wont becuase they arent evil. And they wont brag about it. But next e3 they may say that its the best selling system with the largest userbase, then again it will exceed the 360 in about a month or 2.

mM
leo-j said:
no they wont becuase they arent evil. And they wont brag about it. But next e3 they may say that its the best selling system with the largest userbase, then again it will exceed the 360 in about a month or 2.

Wahh??  Who know's what they'll do..  I don't think it matters much until they surpass the 360 in the U.S., until then there is no reason to boast about anything.

I'm more confused by your sales estimates...  they are obviously way off. ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

When Japan+Americas Wii sales offset the 360 lead in Others+Americas (by NPD/M.C./Chart Track/GFK) you may see something.  I don't think any of the big three refer to Vgchartz (or at least they wouldn't admit it publicly).

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Nintendo only has the same Microsoft numbers to go by that we have, I think. So if they want to definitively say they have passed the 360 it will only be able to be when they both release quarterly reports in which Nintendo is ahead of MS. This is my guess.

MS should ship AT LEAST 1 mil units in Q2 of 08 [reeeally low] that would put them at 12.6mil. Nintendo would have to ship 3.33mil Q2 to match shipping numbers which is right around what they shipped this last quarter. Based on that I would say that in terms of shipping number Nintendo will not be ahead firmly until Q3 [if Halo doesn't move a ton of units]. So I would say that Nintendo would at the absolute soonest not be saying anything about being the worldwide leader until January of next year or so. But that's a pure guess on my part.

Around the Network

umm no. Both companies use shipped for their reports. Since Wii is nearly sold out they will still be less in shipped units vs 360 but they will have a larger sold count on vgchartz. However, I would put money that Nintendo will make that claim after the holidays when they give there end of year pr report.

Nintendo doesn't really need to say anything. There will be plenty of free publicity about it from the press.

Yup. Quite a number of sites use VGChartz numbers every now and again. I expect quite a number citing VGChartz as a source of evidence for Wii overtaking 360. Soon after, Time magazine will be citing the estimates from VGChartz.

Oh. Shortly after, a plethora of Xbots will be claiming that MS has sold 11.6M consoles, and that VGChartz makes up numbers.

does anyone know if they already boast themselves about being most sold in Japan? i think that would be a good indication of what they'll do in the other markets.

Reggie will probably walk into a room and stand on a 360 crushing it under his weight and then declare how Nintendo has crushed MS

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)