By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space: It's friggin good.

@DTG

In my opinion, Dead Space is at the very least as scary as REmake was.Go get it man.

Around the Network

i wil buy dead space in january, ive jjust bought siren on bluray its scarey as hell and very twisted zavvi hav it for 16.99

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Hmm...tell me more...

What do you want to know?

How's the length, gameplay, and variety? Does it peter out like Bioshock did, or is it fantastic throughout like RE4? In terms of the scares, are they going more for Silent Hill or for System Shock? Does it remain challenging throughout? And does the fear factor come primarily from the difficulty, or are there plenty of well-crafted "moments" throughout the game?

You guys have me on the brink of purchasing it. Still, I only have the time for two games this year, and Guitar Hero's already taking one of those slots. Why should this be the other?

Around the Network

It doesn't peter out like bioshock, the game keeps getting better in my opinion, but I ain't quite finished it yet.

The gameplay is standard survival horror, but very well done. As for the fear I have never played system shock but the game can be very scary at times.

I finished a chapter without ever putting my gun away(which lets you move faster) as the necromorphs were popping out everywhere. I have also just realised that I am cutting the legs and arms off every body I find to ensure they don't suddenly get up.

Needless to say, this game is awesome, and expands upon the ideas presented in RE4. I highly recommend it to any RE4, Bioshock, survival horror, or shooter fan.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Cool. Thanks for the impressions, dawve. Your last sentence in particular promises loads of awesomeness...

Glad I could help mate.

colonelstubbs said:
I so want to buy this game but....LBP!!!!

I'm in the same situation but instead of LBP its Gears of War 2.