By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game by graphics

Yeah yeah I know Crysis is known as the most advanced graphical game and needs very high system requirements.But there are games that will challenge Crysis for the tittle of best graphical game.Some of them have already been released like Uncharted and MGS 4.

I ask you which is better MGS 4 or Uncharted or Crysis Warhead?

There are more tittles coming which may challenge crysis,they are listed below:

Uncharted 2

Gran Turismo 5

Killzone 2

Final Fantasy 13

Final Fantasy Versus

Heavy Rain

Alan Wake

Will these games challenge Crysis?What do you think

Some of you might argue that these games don't stand a chance against Crysis cause they are for the consoles and consoles do not have the hardware to for a game like Crysis or better.In truth the graphics of the game are mostly dependent on the developers of the game.If you see games like NFS which are released every year,they mainly concentrate on gameplay than graphic and also the short period of time in which they are developed not much can be achieved but if you look at games like Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo,they are developed for about 2 to 3 years and that lets them achieve a game with better graphics.Just the difference is that,more graphical games can be created easily on an advanced hardware within less time whereas they are difficult and more time consuming when they have to be developed for a less advanced hardware

Around the Network

Uh-Oh, let me get my popcorn ready

Uncharted and MGS4 come nowhere close to beating Crysis in terms of graphics. With a capable PC there are no low res textures, pop-in or any other issues with Crysis. Crysis also supports a higher resolution, better AA, and better antriscopic filtering than anything the PS3 has to offer. Killzone 2 may be the first PS3 game to provide high-end visuals but I personally doubt that any PS3 game will challenge Crysis in terms of visuals any time soon.

jerseyboy609 said:
Uh-Oh, let me get my popcorn ready

Don't forget mine!!! I'll get the drinks!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

No game matches Crysis except for Crysis Warhead. I'll laugh at anyone that thinks there will ever be a PS360 game that will even match Crysis' High Settings, let alone Very High.

Total War: Empire, from the screens and clips, seems like it's going to be the FIRST game to ever match Crysis and Crysis Warhead's technical prowess. But Empire only comes out next year.

Around the Network

lol, during this generation won't be released even one console game that will be able to come close to pc games - not only crysis 1 and 2, but both stalker games and many more titles. even multiplatform games on pc look way better than on console so why do we even have this topic?
show me screens from one ps360 game that can come at least close to this:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?s=25099bf1a03c133a14abaa877fddf6ed&t=45986&page=2

So far from everything I've seen of those games, none of them even come close to challenging Crysis. KZ2 probably gives it the best run but lacks the sheer detail that Crysis provides by a lot. I mean it's hard to compare Cyrsis and KZ2 but it's always pretty obvious which looks better and until your made to think twice about it then nothing compares to it.

PS360 probably won't be able to get to that level, at least not until much further into their lifecycle, if ever. Might want to wait for the 8th gen.

Wait wait, MGS4 as good as Crysis? I hope you keep making threads like these, the lulz are priceless.

Barring Crysis then it's Far Cry 2, Crytek Engine 2 still, with more particle effects (PC version is the winner on this one by far)!!!

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I think we should ignore PC games, well I will because no PC on my computer will look better than Uncharted, which is the best looking console game

RED53DEVILS said:

But there are games that will challenge Crysis for the tittle of best graphical game.

Actually, there are games that have already beaten Crysis on the graphics front. Okami, for instance, is damn near a work of art, and The Wind Waker really looks and moves like a cartoon. I'd say both of those games are much better than Crysis graphically (and in every other way, to boot).