By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Embarassed lifelong Nintendo fan admits he's getting bored with his Wii.

Since you already have it I would recommend keeping it. Then just buying another system.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

keep the wii, YOU want the 360

the 360 has nothing ABSOLUTELY nothing for your child

the 360 has only a few games that are not coming out for the ps3

save your cash and play the ps3 for YOUR games and play the wii with your child.

there are a TON of good -not great GOOD- games for the wii

i have a 7yr old and 4yr old twins

all together we have 35 (including sports) wii games

sure some of them suck (the 7yr old chose to buy ninjabread man for gods sake) but alot of them are extremely well done

boom blox
MKwii
galaxy
de blob
Z&W
freddie the fish
pajama sam

are just some of the games that can be played by the 4yr old(or with you helping) that are very well done that you will/might enjoy

ps3 has all the games for the "mature" player that you could want.

if you already HAVE a ps3 there pretty much is ZERO reason for you to buy a 360

unless you want one of the very few 360 exclusives like gears of war2- which the ps3 has a similar game coming out for in resistance 2

stop being Selfish in the end the thing would be, you would punish your KID to satisfy your gaming wants.

that is stupid and beyond selfish.

I think selling Wii would be a mistake Why? next year shows that there are plenty good games coming out on the system also from 3rd parties; Monster Hunter 3, Conduit, Madworld, House of the Dead: Overkill, No More Heroes 2, JRPG's to name the few big ones. The Japanese developers started to switch to the system (no all of them) which is showing a lot of promise.

Plus there are some good games coming from Ninty: Pikmin 3, Sin and Punishment 2 , Punch Out. I do understand that you might feel that Wii does not offer much at this time (especially when most of its big hitters were released earlier this year). But there is a lot of good stuff coming.

And for now why not try Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World i think this is getting released in NA pretty soon.

i hate to say it but i agree with dougsdad0629, i was thinking about getting a replacement wii but instead i think I'm just going to get a ps3 instead.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Dude, Just get a PC! PS3/Xbox 360 games are on there as well. This way you can customize your rig they way you want. Now that's freedom. Oh and Keep your Wii. It's unique and provides a one of a kind experience. The games will get better as they always do. Just look at the history of consoles. The early years are the leanest.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network

Keep the Wii and buy a 360.

I agree the Wii doesn't have many very good core games on the horizon (no, insects fighting each other is not a very good core game, it's been done before, it's just none of you noticed, similarly to how most believe motion controls are new), but I'm keeping mine as a secondary console to the PS3.

Reason to do that is because Nintendo's 1st party comes out around every quarter, and even though this quarter is a dud (Animal crossing is good, but not Mario good, I'm looking at Wii music here), if you had another console, at least you can play on that in the mean time.

Also "Won't somebody please think of the children!", your kid likes the Wii, you should keep it. Soon you'll find that it's one of the fond memories you have when they become teenagers and don't want to tell people they know you. (sounds like I'm joking, but I'm not)

oliminator1994 said:
WHY ARE YOU CONSIDERING GETTING A 360 IF THE STUFF ON THE PS3 INTERESSTS YOU?

MAYBE HE WANTS SOME GAMES ON THE 360 THAT HE CANT GET ON THE PS3!!!!  I THINK THE BETTER QUESTION WOULD BE WHY DO YOU FIND THAT SO UNBELIEVABLE, THAT YOU HAD TO USE CAPS?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

^

why are insects fighting each other not a good core game? although not unique its relatively fresh and the previews ive seen have been positive.

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

....I get bored of the Wii because I'm Sh!t at it and i can't use the Wiimote:(

Oh Well....I own on PS3

you should probably keep it, you never know when a game you want will be announced, wii had very good stream of games until around summer, the funny thing is wii's slowest period is the busiest time for gamers.

3rd party support is improving next year with some good games coming from Japanese devs, besides your son likes it

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434