By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Embarassed lifelong Nintendo fan admits he's getting bored with his Wii.

LOL I only keep playing with my wii for gh3 and Ocarina once I beat them I don't know what I'll do :0

Around the Network

I agree with the OP, just sell it, even your son will be more happy with a 360!! its not worth it anymore, since nintendo dont care for their fans. look 2009 only we have wii sports and the gamecube ports, and maybe punch out.

sega is making more core games for the wii than nintendo!! sega needs to comeback, they need to put order again and leave nintendo to the casuals. i wish i had bought another console, i dont hate the wii i dislike nintendo and reggie.
if at least they had released a good game this year ( one that had a decent story and want a minigame collection or party game) like ff4 or disaster, but they dont like core gamers they belive core gamers are destroying their market so they will not release those games.

look disaster was announced at e3 but never made it to america, so i dont expect anymore core games to make it here, maybe even in 2011 when next zelda is release it will be japan and europe only, we can get maybe wii music 2

im very upset with nintendo and i know nintendo fanboys (i was one before i know) will tell me im a noob, a stupid and a hater, but no, what i say is the truth. look at the upcoming games for america form nintendo their only casual games or cheap ports. they dont mention the good stuff like disaster fatal frame or captain rainbow at all, because they only care for their homeland where the wii is doing very badly. in america where the wii does best is where they release the more garbage. people you need to realize this, core gamers at least, that nintendo is abandoning us in america. but casuals are too many they wont care. i know they wont release any more core games in america, maybe punch out but why not a story driven game, because they dont care and hate us. reggie only wants money he isnt evn a true gamer and satoru iwata is an ass.

Gorgory said:

im very upset with nintendo and i know nintendo fanboys (i was one before i know) will tell me im a noob, a stupid and a hater, but no, what i say is the truth. look at the upcoming games for america form nintendo their only casual games or cheap ports.

You're a noob, stupid, and a hater, and completely wrong to boot. Nintendo doesn't announce their games until a few months in advance of the release date. Do you really think that Nintendo's various first-and second-party teams are just sitting around all day scratching their arses?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Gorgory said:

im very upset with nintendo and i know nintendo fanboys (i was one before i know) will tell me im a noob, a stupid and a hater, but no, what i say is the truth. look at the upcoming games for america form nintendo their only casual games or cheap ports.

You're a noob, stupid, and a hater, and completely wrong to boot. Nintendo doesn't announce their games until a few months in advance of the release date. Do you really think that Nintendo's various first-and second-party teams are just sitting around all day scratching their arses?

i knew that nintendo fanboys will attack me, its ok. I was a nintendo fanboy until this year, but i was in denial. now most are in denial thinking things will be better.

oh i know nintendo is making games, but not for america. america will get only the casuals or ports, japan will get all of their games, even if they bomb there, because i think that they hate america. europe at least gets most of their games. america only quick ports or casual games. wii sports and gamecube games is very sad line up. even ubisoft hasa better lineup!!

I think you are better off with a Wii and a PS3/360. It works for me.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
Gorgory said:
Garcian Smith said:
Gorgory said:

i knew that nintendo fanboys will attack me, its ok. I was a nintendo fanboy until this year, but i was in denial. now most are in denial thinking things will be better.

oh i know nintendo is making games, but not for america. america will get only the casuals or ports, japan will get all of their games, even if they bomb there, because i think that they hate america. europe at least gets most of their games. america only quick ports or casual games. wii sports and gamecube games is very sad line up. even ubisoft hasa better lineup!!

I haven't seen anything that demonstrates that Nintendo is making and releasing core games at a slower pace in North America than they have in the past. Nintendo has stopped announcing and displaying games early in development recently which has made many (in my opinion foolish) people think that they have stopped developing these titles ...

Next year we will see many games in the following franchises, although (since they haven't been announced) we can't know which ones ... Kid Icarus, Punch-Out, F-Zero, Starfox, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, and The Legend of Zelda ... When you combine this with new IPs like Disaster: Day of Crisis and third party efforts like Mad World, The Conduit, and No More Heroes 2 the Wii isn't doing that poorly for "Core" games in 2009. If games that have disappeared like Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles and Spyborgs reappear it could be an excellent year for core gamers.

Don't assume that since you've bought into the "Anti-Hype" that Nintendo has actually abandoned the "core" gamers ...

People who say they want to get rid of one system for another always make me laugh. Unless you're 10, just save some money and buy the console when you can. You'll always miss out on a game when you get rid of a console.

HappySqurriel said:

The grass is not necessarily greener on the other side ...

The vast majority of good XBox 360 games are released on the PS3 aswell, and the few exclusive games tend to be very similar to what is available on the PS3 already. If you have the free time to play 2 to 4 games a month you might see some benefit to buying an XBox 360 when you already own a PS3, otherwise you're really not gaining that much.

Although I'm with Sqrl that it does seem a little selfish to sell the system your child does play, which actually has good games you could play together with him, in order to buy a toy for yourself ...

There's plenty of games that my son likes on the PS3 as well.  Super Rub A Dub is one of them as well as LBP.  He also plays many games on my PC from emulators.  He particularly likes the N64 and Super Mario 64.  I don't need anybody judging my parenting skills based on videogame consoles.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

senortaco said:
You know what...I just got to ask...Whats is EVER the point in this type of thread? Be it for the PS3, XB360 or Wii? I never thought people would need grief counseling for video games. =/

I obviously can't speak for others, but MY point was that it is possible to love the company and still get bored with its system.  The people who start these threads are always accused of being a troll who just wants to bash the company.  I'm telling you that I'm sure there are plenty of other people like me who love Nintendo, but are feeling somewhat ignored in favor of people who've never bought a Nintendo product before.  It's great to expand your userbase, but not at the expense of your loyal supporters.  I love Nintendo.  Always have.  However, my Wii is getting boring.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Apparently you do need people judging you, pal. If you weren't so selfish you'd realize that you don't sell your kids toys to get some for yourself. It doesn't matter that he plays with other things, you're still taking something away from him that he enjoys. You need to grow up and learn to put your kid first.

You do not have the right to never be offended.