By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Embarassed lifelong Nintendo fan admits he's getting bored with his Wii.

dougsdad0629 said:
senortaco said:
You know what...I just got to ask...Whats is EVER the point in this type of thread? Be it for the PS3, XB360 or Wii? I never thought people would need grief counseling for video games. =/

I obviously can't speak for others, but MY point was that it is possible to love the company and still get bored with its system.  The people who start these threads are always accused of being a troll who just wants to bash the company.  I'm telling you that I'm sure there are plenty of other people like me who love Nintendo, but are feeling somewhat ignored in favor of people who've never bought a Nintendo product before.  It's great to expand your userbase, but not at the expense of your loyal supporters.  I love Nintendo.  Always have.  However, my Wii is getting boring.

And if your wife said the same thing would you be okay if she traded it in for a new toy?

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

Is it necessary for everyone who gets tired of their consoles to make a point about it haha. I mean of course they only do it for Wii because they know if they do it then no one is going to bash them relentlessly. Of course if I say I've only bought 4 games on my 360 and only use it to play online while thinking most of the games on there are really just updates of older games then I get bashed endlessly. And of course if I make a thread every week about how much I love my Wii and play it every day then of course that is spam. Yet, a topic like this everyday of dissent towards it is generally accepted. Now is that justice? I think not.

Aside from that little rant, don't get rid of the Wii for reasons Sqrl said and get a 360 if ya want to. Nobody else's call but yours. Personally I think if people can't find a Wii game in 2008, which to me is virtually impossible, then you'll have no problem finding ones in 2009.

ChichiriMuyo said:
Apparently you do need people judging you, pal. If you weren't so selfish you'd realize that you don't sell your kids toys to get some for yourself. It doesn't matter that he plays with other things, you're still taking something away from him that he enjoys. You need to grow up and learn to put your kid first.

Mr. 24 and single (according to your profile), get yourself a family first, then I'll take parenting advice from you.  My son doesn't want for anything.  I bought the Wii for me and he happens to enjoy it.  It's not a present to him that I'm taking away.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Couple of fun facts for ya: Widowed isn't an option for relationship status and it's hardly unheard of for there to be single parents in the US. Also, the profile system doesn't automatically update people's age, so there's no point in even looking at that.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

You are bored of your Wii? What about giving it to me or trading for my X360? I'm really bored with it ;)

Around the Network
dougsdad0629 said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Apparently you do need people judging you, pal. If you weren't so selfish you'd realize that you don't sell your kids toys to get some for yourself. It doesn't matter that he plays with other things, you're still taking something away from him that he enjoys. You need to grow up and learn to put your kid first.

Mr. 24 and single (according to your profile), get yourself a family first, then I'll take parenting advice from you. My son doesn't want for anything. I bought the Wii for me and he happens to enjoy it. It's not a present to him that I'm taking away.

I the problem I have with this, and I suspect other people have aswell, is not so much that it is "Bad Parenting" but that it is a "Dick-Move" ...

Taking away a child's toys that he does not use, that he doesn't deserve, or (sadly enough) if you can't afford them is one thing; taking away a child's toy that he does use in order to buy something for yourself that gives very limited gain over your current situation is another thing entirely.

... It is a luxury so you're not really "hurting" your child by taking it away, but I would personally look at cutting back on personal expenses to buy myself a toy rather than deprive my child.

dougsdad0629 said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

Mr. 24 and single (according to your profile), get yourself a family first, then I'll take parenting advice from you. My son doesn't want for anything. I bought the Wii for me and he happens to enjoy it. It's not a present to him that I'm taking away.

First rule of parenting: Always put the kid before yourself.

Second rule: Impregnating some chick does not make you all-knowledgeable about parenting over someone who doesn't have kids, so stop acting like it does.

Also, what HappySquirrel said.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Keep the Wii for your kid and perhaps a game will be released in the future that you may want. Also, you are just going to be wasting money trading it in or selling it. If there are some games in the future that you are semi interested in that aren't being released on the other consoles then you should keep it. Last, your kid will probably be upset with you if he really enjoys playing it. So go buy another system and keep it.....

Am I the only one here who thinks that the OP should drop gaming at all and spend the extra time on his career so he can actually afford buying a console without selling the other ?

I'll be a parent in the next years and I'm going to almost force my kid to play Nintendo games as they greatly help at building a persons intelligence and comes with no violence.

Mr. Dad your kid doesn't need great story lines and graphics at all. He needs fast paced games like MK and SSBB that makes you think and react really fast. Thats how the brain gets a proper training.

Sell your Wii and buy a 360. My brother did that, and he's never been happier. There are some games your kid might like on the PS360.