By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
"the power of the cell is unknown".... I guess its almost mythical in its promise.. dont believe the hype.

Bit odd to say "please no fanboys" when you have made a post which SCREAMS fanboy.

Please.

Actually I agree with this oddly enough.  Had Sony dropped the Blu-ray player, they would have only been about $300.00 when the PS3 was first released, and there never would have been a console war in this generation.. the PS3 would have won hands down. 

I originally bought the 360 because it was cheaper than the PS3, znd only bought a PS3 for it's Blu-ray later (but how many average Americans are like me and buy every console ever created?  Probablly not many.).

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

This thread is lol-ful.

I built my PC in 2006 and the PS3 hasn't shown me anything my PC can't do better. But that's just the nature of PC vs console and the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll stop making threads like this.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

when the PS3 runs Crysis Warhead let me know.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Better yet, when it runs any currently released high end PC game in 2560 x 1600 native resolution with 4xAA and 16xAF, then we'll talk.

Ahh RedDevils :P

Ok, Sony's biggest mistake this generation was the Cell processor.

In a current gaming PC, the limitation on performace is usually the ram and graphics card. Old computers have an adequate processor to play Crysis, but don't come close to having the ram or graphics card.

The PS3 has a more powerful processor than many computers, but much less ram and a worse graphics card. Why?? because Sony isn't actually very good at making hardware

PS: I don't know if you are wrong, or simply lying to make a point. but the way your post reads seems to be implying that the PS3 has 256 mb of video ram, and 2x256 mb of ram. This is not true, you counted the video card's ram twice.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Better yet, when it runs any currently released high end PC game in 2560 x 1600 native resolution with 4xAA and 16xAF, then we'll talk.

na, lets stick with what the console can do.. lets just say natively run Crysis at 1080p @ 60fps.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Paul_Warren said:
"The Cell is just a buzz word for 'hard to use processor that isn't anywhere nearly as powerful as we promised.'"

Yeah, and the way that Microsoft came up with the name xbox 360 was that someone was flipping through a lot of comic books and they noticed that after animals got killed by falling rocks, their eyes would have "X"s in them, so they said, you know our system is going to break a lot during its first couple of years on the market, so why don't we call it the "X" box?

Funny thing is that now that they might be on the verge of finally fixing the rrod problem, reports are starting to circulate that certain problems with Live servers are causing a lot of people's achievements to be erased, so I guess now the Live servers are going to be carrying on the proud heritage of the "X" Box line.

right.... Because they were already planning on having consoles break during the development of the original Xbox.  Since they failed to achieve their goals of mass hardware failure the first time around they put extra effort into it the second time.

"the kinds of products that need to be developed by third party publishers to make these systems more attractive (to people who are not interested in them) are not being produced for these platforms."

Then what platform are they being developed for? Certainly not the Wii with its flagging sales in Japan and one of its two supposably biggest holiday games (but only according to those yahoos that put on Nintendo's worthless press conference at E3) turning out to be one of the biggest failures of the year a trend that I predict will be followed by its other big holiday title.

And at Zen, yeah, IGN has only been the best game site on the internet for over 10 years. I guess that really makes their opinions of no value when commenting upon the quality of games. Not.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:
"the kinds of products that need to be developed by third party publishers to make these systems more attractive (to people who are not interested in them) are not being produced for these platforms."

Then what platform are they being developed for? Certainly not the Wii with its flagging sales in Japan and one of its two supposably biggest holiday games (but only according to those yahoos that put on Nintendo's worthless press conference at E3) turning out to be one of the biggest failures of the year a trend that I predict will be followed by its other big holiday title.

And at Zen, yeah, IGN has only been the best game site on the internet for over 10 years. I guess that really makes their opinions of no value when commenting upon the quality of games. Not.

Oh zing.  Actually, no...no zing.  That was zing-less.

Paul_Warren said:

Major lulz.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835