By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Ever since SONY announced the PS3,they have been talking its hardware.But does it stand a chance against the modern day PCs.I am not comparing 360 and Wii with the PC because we all know which console has the best hardware,please no fanboys.Hey why else would sony price their console so high and they have spent about $ 3 billion on its research.Coming back to the topic.Keeping in mind the fact that PCs are upgradable and PS3s are not except the HDD.If we look at the processor PS3 has a very advanced cell processor which 8 separate cores working at 3.2 GHZ and the PCs are using the 4 cores that also they have just been launched by INTEL and AMD this year.PS3 came in 2006 with 8 cores and PCs till now are on 4 cores,they will take another 4 to 5 years to get to 8 cores and by then the PS4 would have launched.Looking at the graphic cards,PS3 has a 256mb RSX and PC's have reached 512 mb.Last coming to Ram,THE PS3 has two rams both are 256mb and PCs have reached 4gb of ram.There are other aspect that come into the performance of each platform while gaming but these factors are the main.

From the other factors PCs are clearly ahead of the PS3 and graphically better games can be created on PC.But the power of the Cell processor is unknown till now and RSX having less power can generate very high graphics.Mo wonder IBM used the cell processor in their supercomputer which the most powerful computer in the world.

And hardware is not the only thing that can make better games graphically and overall,its also upto the developer.Most of developers these days bring out a new edition of the game every year to make profits but leave us with a game with very few changes.If you look at the Gran Turismo,Killzone and MGS series,they don't come every year.Their developers work for atleast 3-4 years before putting the next installment of games,this way they bring major differences to their games.If you have played Gran Turismo 4,you will see that they have graphics of this generation on a last generation console.Crysis is supposed to be the best graphical game which has very high system requirements.People say that the PS3 hardware is not capable of running a game that good and can't support the framerate it needs.But there also exclusive PS3 developers of games as KILLZONE 2,GRAN TURISMO 5,HEAVY RAIN AND MGS4 which are capable creating better games than Crysis on PS3.Problems such as framrate can be solved easily.PS3 might not be more advanced than PCs but it has the power of creating much better games with low power,saying this at the time when the power of Cell Processors has not been exposed.

People say that there is no difference between the graphics of PS3,PC and 360.That's because the OS3 is very high priced and not many people have.Due to this all the big publishers make games for multi-platforms to generate revenue and cause other platforms don't have the power to support PS3s games,games are first made on 360 or PC and then the same version is ported to PS3.The full power of the PS3 will be exposed when more people have PS3s and developers start to concentrate and make the PS3 games first then port it to other platforms

Around the Network

My god ... where does that "stuff" came from ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

PS3 is priced high because of the high costs of Blu-Ray player. I do not know much about the PS3's Cell Processor.

RED53DEVILS said:

I am not comparing 360 and Wii with the PC because we all know which console has the best hardware,please no fanboys.

Oh dear...

Sorry, but it seems as you have already gone against your own recommendations and spouted utter fanboy tripe.

numonex said:
PS3 is priced high because of the high costs of Blu-Ray player. I do not know much about the PS3's Cell Processor.

This text is a evident comparaison between the PC world and the console world, except here that somebody switch the word console for the word PS3.

Now, to stay in the PC/PS3 comparaison, even if you have an icredibly powerful CPU, the rest as to follow (memmory, I/O, GPU, HD ...). And no console as such balance, so even if the CELL is the dormant alien technology that will change the gaming market for ever (...), this won't help.

I almost bought a PS3 on such marketing illusions...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

ROFLOL...it would seem that denial is indeed NOT a river in Africa, red.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Really?

lol, either this is the best troll rol-post I've ever heard...or OMG I can't comment in any conceivable way that wouldn't end in at least a f'n warning.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Hey, don't underestimate the power of teh Cell!!!!

When it wakes up it will destroy us all!!!

Seriously, even if the Cell is more powerful than the Quads and the X4s, the RAM is a joke (256 MB + 256 MB) and the RSX is not the most powerful video card out there... Now, can we build or buy a PC more powerful than the PS3 at the same price? that's the only fair comparison... My rig is way more expensive so i can't compare there... Someone that take the hint...

LOL walks in, walks out. Plenty of people dont even think the PS3 has shown the best console graphics. So no, just no. But no console is in the leaugue of PC's.

The Cell itself when the PS3 was released was already outperformed in every speed test by CPU's for PC at the time.

Again, someone build a PC with $400 that outperforms the PS3, that's the only fair comparison, I know it can be done but i'm curious of the combinations, i won't do it because my gaming rig cost wayyyyy more (too much power there)...